• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Blousing into the Boots

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A story of Norwood Thomas and the 82nd Airborne, from first days of training, through the Invasion. They learned how to tuck the pants into the boots - and a whole lot more.

W-Norwood-1-4C-Jun18.jpg

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/across-europe-with-the-101st-airborne/

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We weren't allowed until we got out of Marine boot camp. After boot camp, if you weren't bloused, you were court martialed for being out of proper uniform.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
We weren't allowed until we got out of Marine boot camp. After boot camp, if you weren't bloused, you were court martialed for being out of proper uniform.

Bloused mine in basic and later on base - in basic as long as we all were we were good. (jacket on/Jacket off! as we tried to determine the weather)

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Always tucked them in... never once worn a boot blousing strap. ****, even very high ranking people I know just tuck them into their boots.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That's what I remember always doing in Artillery, required in fact.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Required by the Army in 1965. We had to either blouse them in our boots or use “ blousing rubbers “. Probably because we were all destined for Vietnam and they didn’t want any of the jungle critters crawling up our legs.

Country flag
Couldn’t blouse them until we got out of Paris Island

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Yep, San Diego MCRD was the same.