• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello and Greetings from Arizona

dpcessna120

Freshman Member
Greetings from Arizona - I am a new member that earlier this year purchased a 1986 Jaguar XJ6, Series Three Vanden Plas (picture attached). So far my experience has been positive - this was a "must have" car that had to wait till retirement caught up to me. While no friend or family member encouraged the purchase - I remained unanimous in my decision to make the dream car a reality. When you do something like this, and minor mechanical challenges arise - my advice is to not complain - at least out loud.
My first purchase related to this car was to buy a competent "volt-ohm" meter. I use it. I have overcome climate control operation, temper mental headlights and understand the "Kiekert" door locking system better than I ever wanted to. $$
Growning up, cars like this were no stranger to me and my siblings. We would watch my dad work on bug-eye sprites (the first car I ever drove) MG-TD's, one TR4-A and a red Triumph Spitfire. None of them ran perfectly all the time - but I'd go on amazing test drives.
Well, thanks for inviting me into the Forum - it has already been a handy reference as I sort out cruise control issues, try to figure out what really is a "ski slope" and what the heck is an "escutcheon".
Inspiration: Returning from getting fuel a couple of weeks ago - a young kid (in his twenties) riding in the car next to me, rolled down the window and hung out to his chest, waving both hands with thumbs up. I lowered the window and he shouted "Hey man, now that's a real classic - a beautiful, beautiful car!" So you see, there's hope that these cars will again pass to a younger generation - and not just be owned by guys like me - with grey hair and a snappy volt-ohm meter. David

Attachments

• 1986 XJ6.jpg
    1986 XJ6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome neighbor (I"m next door in NM). We used to have an XJ6 as our every day driver. Loved that car! Would not mind getting another one some day!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello David

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking XJ6.

The Pub is an area of the forum where almost anything comes up for discussion.

David