• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP J Geils

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Buumer
Just shows how we are aging more every day

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Rick, you didn't happen to catch Fleetwood Mac that same year there did ya?
One of my favorite albums
Jumpin at the Shadows is great

Not to mention Rattle Snake Shake that I can listen to over and over (Which I do when I mow my lawn)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A Boston favorite. Saw the J Geils Blues Band open for BB King in January of 1970 at the Boston Tea Party.

Never had the opportunity to see them. I have "The Best of..." album on my HD Player however. Listening to it now :cool-new:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rick, you didn't happen to catch Fleetwood Mac that same year there did ya?
One of my favorite albums
Jumpin at the Shadows is great

Not to mention Rattle Snake Shake that I can listen to over and over (Which I do when I mow my lawn)

I did! I was in college and had a job as a messenger/copier guy with an old line Boston law firm. One of the partners was a very cool lawyer just getting started in entertainment law and represented Don Law, concert promoter and manager of The Boston Tea Party rock club: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party_(concert_venue) Some of the best groups of the '60s and '70s played the Tea Party and whenever I wanted to go, all I had to do was ask the atty and I'd be placed "on the list". I'd walk up to the back door, past the long lines, give them my name, and get in for free. I saw many of the great groups of the time in an intimate atmosphere. Most memorable was the Dead on New Year's Eve.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dang, I wish I was here
Though I would then be at least 6 years older
Don't want to rush that

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Dang, I wish I was here
Though I would then be at least 6 years older
Don't want to rush that

Um Don, you are here, or you account has been hacked by a very benign LBC fan. :smile:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
JP that shows how fast my brain is and how slow my fingers are

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not even close to the same band
Though I do like Lindsey Buckingham

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
J. Geils was also a car guy, opened a restoration shop for high end Italian in the 80s.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.05.33 AM.jpg