• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Route 66

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just finished an online course called "What to Photograph when there's nothing to photograph". This inspired my to stop and take some photos along a stretch of Route 66 I travel every day but never bothered to photograph. Nothing that's going to win any awards, but here are a few shots from along the RT66 between Albuquerque and our home.

Once a popular stop in RT66's heyday
Once a popular stop in RT66 heyday

Not much left of a once-thriving lodge.
RT66-3.jpg

If you drive with your right tires near the shoulder you will hear America the Beautiful
RT66-4.jpg
Carlito Springs park is a nice hiking trail. Unfortunately closed for renovation
RT66-5.jpg

A neat old stone wall in the village of Tijeras
RT66-7.jpg
What's left of an old pay phone. Don't see these much any more
RT66-8.jpg
Little Chapel on Sedillo Hill. They do lots of weddings here.
RT66-9.jpg

​Just needs a bit of buffing!
RT66-13.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Pieces of history.

The kind of shots where people say "What was that sign?" after it has been pulled down.

What is the car in the last shot?

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Really enjoy those photos - small details of the past.

Reminds me of Ghibran: In the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thanks all. It's fun to go out and look for things to shoot that are a little out of the ordinary.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Nice collection of pictures Bas, you are really turning into a good photographer.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Nice collection of pictures Bas, you are really turning into a good photographer.

Or more precisely, "you are really showing us you're a good photographer."

:angel:

TM

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Or more precisely, "you are really showing us you're a good photographer."

:angel:

TM

Yes Tom, thanks for correcting me.

Bas, you are showing us all that you are a really good photographer.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
All of those are good. I'm partial to the sign, the texture shot of the rocks and the pay phone shot. Nice stuff.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I would pass this house ever week as I drove to work and back. At the time I worked out of town and did so for years. Kept thinking I should stop and get a photo before it falls down or gets demolished. It is in Jewell Georgia. I could not get an unobstructed shot of the house power lines etc in the way. I also have a photo of a chimney stack from another house that was the only thing left standing . Can't put my hands on that one at the moment.

David

House_in_Jewel_GA[1].jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
It is Georgia deep in the country so I am not sure of the reception you may get. I just stopped on the side of the road and took a quick couple of shots.

David

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It is Georgia deep in the country so I am not sure of the reception you may get. I just stopped on the side of the road and took a quick couple of shots.

David

Oh, you mean people live in that house? Is their name Addams by any chance? :barbershop_quartet_

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Yes it is inhabited but I did not stop for Tea.

They have done some work on the porch on the other side.

Jewell is a very small community. No stop light but they have a post office. Some other old buildings but nothing like that one.

David

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Flanking shot of Bug-eye sprite looks playful and happy, but the small chapel is a little too ominous. Perhaps there's more to that since photos pick-up things that often register subliminally. GONZO.