• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Kidney stones anyone?

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Interesting afternoon. Started out with a little discomfort which I put down to my recent Hernia repair. Had not had any problems but the discomfort was in that area.
As the afternoon wore on it got worse then I had the cold sweat and much more discomfit. Ended up calling my wife to let her know I thought a visit to the emergency room was going to be needed.
What a collection of humanity in the waiting room.

Several hours later I find I have a 5MM stone obstructing the flow. Pain meds and antibiotics and a trip to an urologist tomorrow.
Fun afternoon/evening.

The pain meds work great wish the had given me those a bit earlier. Almost instant relief.
This is my third in 35 years.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Kidney Stones are no fun. How's that for an understatment? However, I remembered an episode of Seinfeld:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Dave - best wishes to you on the upcoming "procedure".

Your comment about "collection of humanity in the waiting room" reminded me of the courtroom scene in "What's Up Doc".

Bailiff and judge walk out to start the night court session. Judge looks at courtroom and says to bailiff "Look at them! Did you ever see such a collection of human debris and depravity?"

Bailiff says "Those are just the spectators."

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Thank you.

Today has been fine no pain but no stone in the jar either. Took 1 Hydrocodone last night then at 3 am a couple of Advil. Want to stay off the hard stuff.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thank you.

Today has been fine no pain but no stone in the jar either. Took 1 Hydrocodone last night then at 3 am a couple of Advil. Want to stay off the hard stuff.

David

Hope you get over this soon with as little discomfort as possible. Hang in there!

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Several years ago, I needed two operations to get rid of an impacted kidney stone. Catheter problems - trips to the ER -you don't wanna know. Thankfully, no repetitions to date. My first and only stone. I'm now taking potassium pills twice a day. Check with your urologist.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
The ER sent the scans and blood work to the urologist and he is reviewing them. Hope he gets on with it as I am ready to get rid of this stone. Had to resort to the hard stuff last night about 2 am.

David

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I have only had one, completely blocked flow. I went to lunch at a sub shop where you get your own fountain drink. It was a hot day and I slurped down a 24 oz. Diet Mountain Dew, then refilled and drank most of another one. 20 minutes after lunch I announce I am not feeling well and am heading home (which I never do). Halfway home I feel like I am going to be sick and hit the U-Stop in a semi seedy part of town. I am not a germaphobe, but the state of the bathroom didn't make me feel any better. Felt like something needed to come out one end or the other, but not much would, I did throw up a little bit.

There wasn't much going on at the little convenience store and I stayed in the bathroom for quite some time, feeling very very nauseous and weak and like l was going to blow up any second. Nobody knocked on the door or asked if I was ok and I began to have visions of my decomposing body being found on the quickee Mart floor days later.

Finally got it together enough for the final ten minute drive home.

Told the wife I felt like I had to go but couldn't she thought it was funny, until I said I better go to the emergency room. Two procedures needed. They gave me some wonderful medicine to keep me out of pain relief.
Not much fun. I sympathize with any of you who have had problem.

Last edited:
OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
We were at dinner with friends and some how the subject of kidney stones came up. My wife says " It can't be worse than having a baby" Her friend replies "I have had babies and kidney stones and I would have babies any day of the week" you can keep the kidney stones. I added that at least when you are having a baby you know what is going on I thought I was on the way out.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
We were at dinner with friends and some how the subject of kidney stones came up. My wife says " It can't be worse than having a baby" Her friend replies "I have had babies and kidney stones and I would have babies any day of the week" you can keep the kidney stones. I added that at least when you are having a baby you know what is going on I thought I was on the way out.

David

The other version of that is that women want more children but no one wants more kidney stones (Haven't worked up the courage to tell SWMBO this one yet)

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Pass them on a regular basis. About twice a year I go through a period where I pass several over a couple of weeks. Biggest I have passed was the size and shape of a great northern bean. For some reason that one hardy hurt. Its the little "glass shard" ones that have me in PAIN!!!! โ€‹I have a 1.8 cm one floating around in one kidney I hope never moves. Worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Drink lots of water. I hope to never have one. Just had 24 oz cold water... now I have to happy without the hay.