• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Newbe

gildford

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have owned a 1977 MGB for 21 years. I moved with my company several times and took the car with me. It has always been inside and was a Montana car so no rust. I have many hobbies, too many, and did not dedicate the time to the MGB I should have. The body had a few small dents which I removed. I did install the Weber conversion. The car has been run on a regular basis. It has 65,000 miles and runs well except it gives a puff of smoke on a high rpm shift (guides).

Not or sure I will finish it and just joined to get some ideas. I am a mechanic/machinist by trade. I have several vehicles I have restored, mostly motorcycles, several British. My pride and joy is an immaculate 2008 Nissan 350 Z. I will either do the MG or build a 2 1/2 scale live steam locomotive.
I also build and fly radio control airplanes.

Pretty boring guy huh.

Don

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you aboard, Don! You will find plenty of help and ideas in our MG forum here so be sure to also pop in there and post a note or any questions.

What part of Montana were you in? I lived in Great Falls for 7 years.

Basil

OP
G

gildford

Freshman Member
Country flag
I was born and raised in Gildford. A small town 32 miles west of Havre. Went to college in Havre. Have a brother in Great Falls. Too cold for me so I retired in Burlington, Iowa.

Don

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was born and raised in Gildford. A small town 32 miles west of Havre. Went to college in Havre. Have a brother in Great Falls. Too cold for me so I retired in Burlington, Iowa.

Don

When I worked at NORAD there (Malmstrom AFB) I recall that one of the radar sites that fed our system was in Havre. The cold is one thing I don't miss about MT.