• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anderson/Moment Restoration Guide for sale

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have an Anderson-Moment Austin-Healey 100/100-6/3000 Restoration Guide that I would like to sell.

An Amazon search (https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...p_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=) shows used ones are going for $200.00-$350.00 and new ones for lots more.

Mine is in perfect condition with no grease, dirt or dog-eared pages EXCEPT that two pages have a very slight "wrinkling" in a small area in their center from what must have been a water spill that I did not blot up right away.

I have no use for this book and will sell it for $200.00 plus shipping. Please contact me via email: michael.oritt@gmail.com as I do not always notice PM's.

Country flag
Wow. I hope that who ever gets a hold of my library is smart enough to check market prices__they'd make out well ;)

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi All,

What gets me is meeting a number of article and publication writers prior to their becoming recognized and popular and not recognizing the value to come for their work. If I knew then what I know now...…………….

Enjoy the moment,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
That book was basically the Concours Inspection Guidelines of the time - now very outdated - but with photos. The current Guidelines may be had for $25, and you get a searchable electronic version either via download or, for an additional $10, a CD.

For the 2019 Guidelines they have added over 180 photographs that greatly clarify the text. All told, they now offer over 600 pages of information on how Austin-Healeys were originally built. It also includes 13 supplements that go into more detail on specific subjects beyond the general text of the Guidelines.

Copies are available from Mike Osipik: mikeosipik@gmail.com
Concours Registry logo.jpg

Kainopong

Roger told me a few weeks back to just get the guidelines - more pictures and more accurate and updated. So I second the concours guidelines plug by Reid.

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Reid--

I am happy that I was able to sell my book at the price asked before you knocked the bottom out of the market!

FWIW without mentioning any names I sold it to a "noted personage" who is quite familiar with the guidelines' availability in electronic form. He simply wants to have the book to make up for one that he apparently loaned to someone who saw fit not to return it.

By the way I have a number of USPS postage stamps with an image of an upside-down Jenny that I got as part of my Great Grandfather's stamp collection. They have a face value of $00.24 each. Do you think they are worth anything as otherwise I will use them to pay some bills.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I admit that I was conflicted about the post, but noting that you had already sold it, and feeling a responsibility to do the right thing for the BCFers here, I went ahead. I'm also glad that you sold it and that the recipient is someone who understands what they are getting.

I have a copy of the book myself, sent to me when it was published because I allowed my 100M to be photographed for it, or something like that. It's crazy what they sell for.

There was some controversy over it at the time of publication because numerous people - yours truly included - contributed to the development of the Concours Guidelines, and some felt that Anderson and Moment were profiteering from work that rightly belonged to many people. I've never been in it for the money and my contribution was small, so I never said anything. My understanding is that given the amount of time required to make it publication-ready and to get the needed photos, Anderson and Moment made only pennies per hour. I don't begrudge them a few bucks for their trouble, but I do think that those who hold the book as some kind of masterwork are mistaken.

The people paying big bucks for it are those who don't understand that it's really just an outdated version of the Concours Guidelines, and I suppose some few who see it as some kind of collector's item.

Hey, put the inverted Jenny stamps on eBay and see what happens! If the outdated concours guidelines sell there for $200-350, those $.24 stamps might fetch a buck apiece! Don't forget to charge for postage.