• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Oops I did it again

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:shocked:

a long trip and a commitment to buy:

$_59 (2).JPG

$_59 (3).JPG

$_59.JPG

and yes, complete but the biggest project I have ever undertaken. :rolleyes:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
And it is a?

Like my wife said when I brought my TR3A home. "Its in a million pieces" "can you fix it?"

David

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
An erector set!!! :wink-new:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Austin JP??

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Austin JP??

Seriously, :winner1:. Yes. 1930 Austin 7 boat tail tourer. Showed up on Kijiji about a month ago. Previous owner who turns 80 in July drove it on his honeymoon, brought it to Canada in boxes where it has sat for 50 or so years? He is not getting to it, already has a car (see spotted sub forum) and wanted to know it wouldn't be parted out. It is a big job for a tiny car but I have been dreaming about a pre-war car for a while now. Actually I have dreaming of a century old car - but this will be 90 next year so we are close.

This is (obviously) not the car but this is the same make and model:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thought I recognized the engine correctly. I had one when I was in my teens, actually a sedan. Driving it too hard, as kids back then would do, I cracked the lower aluminum crankcase (dumb) and sold it. Be surprised just how many kids you could pile in one of those tiny cars! :highly_amused: PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - you have quite a memory! I didn't even realize there was an engine in those photos. The four plugs I thought were in some kind of testing box. Must be one of the smallest four cylinder engines around back then.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Man its going to be tough to fit a V8 in there but I'm confident you can get it to fit...

You are a wicked man! but, yes, where there is a will....

austin v8.jpg

austin 7 2.jpg

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Paul - you have quite a memory! I didn't even realize there was an engine in those photos. The four plugs I thought were in some kind of testing box. Must be one of the smallest four cylinder engines around back then.

750 cc.

BTW look again, the middle picture is an upsidedown engine - not a transmission as I initially thought. The transmission (check the last photo) is about as big as a 1 gallon milk jug!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Now that is a project!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Paul - you have quite a memory! I didn't even realize there was an engine in those photos. The four plugs I thought were in some kind of testing box. Must be one of the smallest four-cylinder engines around back then.

Tom, it was a very small engine and didn't have much power, but it was as quiet as a church mouse and ran smooth as any engine I can remember. Unusual starter setup and the carburetor was about the size as the one on my lawn mowers, can't remember if it was an up or downdraft. I'm surprised I can remember that much about it. :thumbsup:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thought you were going all Britney on us.