• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Austin Healey Sprite MkIII member in Virginia

Britpilot

Freshman Member
Hi Everybody.
I have recently resurrected a 1965 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII. This car was fully restored by a friend of mine around 10 years ago. Unfortunately he recently passed away after a three year struggle with cancer. During this time his Sprite was stored in a heated garage. I promised him that I would look after his beloved Sprite and find her a good home.
I have been carrying out some TLC and a few minor maintenance items and now have the car running. Alas there is not enough room in my garage to keep this car in my collection so she is for sale. Here is a link to my ad on Hemmings: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/austin-healey/sprite-mk-iii/2235986.html
If you are on "Whatsapp" I can also send you some videos of the car.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Britpilot

Welcome to the forum.

Very good of you to carry out your friends wishes with his Sprite. I hope you can find the home it deserves.
It may be a good idea to post this in the Spridget section as well. That is where the Sprite people hang out.

Do you have any other LBC an your collection?

David

OP
B

Britpilot

Freshman Member
Hi David.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
The Sprite is my only British car at present but I do own one of the other British sport cars, a mint condition 2005 Mazda Miata MX5. Being an ex-pat Brit I owned numerous British cars back in the UK including three original Minis and a pair of Ford Anglias. I also worked in British Garages during the 60s and 70s so I'm real familiar with 60s and 70s British Automotive engineering!
Larry

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Larry

I got my first TR2 in the late 1960. Working with a a variety of car related places at weekends. One guy I worked with did "Cut and Shuts". He bought a Ford Anglia and decided to turn it into a convertible. Had to make a frame to replace the removed roof and adapt a morris minor hood. It was probable the only one ever made.

David

OP
B

Britpilot

Freshman Member
A bog standard 1960 948CC Ford Anglia was my first car in 1969. I built a high power 1200cc engine for it breathing through a big SU carb on my own made inlet and exhaust manifold. I lowered the car and fitted Ford Classic front struts with power assisted disc brakes. All this changed the car into quite a little speedster for its day and I sprayed it in a metallic Tangerine color. Alas the dreaded rust was eating the body faster than I could repair it! I feel sorry for young kids today as they are not able to "soup up" modern high technology cars in the same way. This is a shame because they are not learning the skills that we gained working on simpler cars.