• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I gotta move south

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
12F here this morning. Guess the shop will have to get by without me today.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It was 12F here too Bayless.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
rotfl.jpg

D

Deleted member 8987

We are now officially in a heat wave.

32 on the deck on my way to St. Arbucks this morning.

No ice to scrape off windscreens.

Amazing.

Those in the teens and below, check Flight Tracker.

Every time we get nailed, algore's airplane is somewhere overhead.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
8F here in North Eastern Ok. at 6 AM., high of 25 today. Chilly! PJ

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
36F at noon... but glorious sunshine. :eek: Photo from our deck (looking mostly north). Mt. St. Helens in the distance with the top of Mt. Rainier on the left flank. Willamette River in foreground (and Columbia not easily seen but it's there too).

2019-03-03 15.23.20 smaller.jpg

D

Deleted member 8987

Get ready, boys. Two more off the west coast, models show it progressing across...and more snow on east coast.

How to Sprites handle snow with chains?

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Today it was warmer, 15F when I left my house.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
How do Sprites handle snow with chains?

Chains? We don't need to stinkin' chains. My Bugeye won't see the light of day for a few more weeks. :cool:

D

Deleted member 8987

Ah. I see. Jag runs in the snow. 1950 Ford Tudor runs in the snow. Chains when required. Underwings housed out well when done.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
With my rear-end... I slip and slide on wet pavement!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
<*sigh*> Another "read only" thread... :smirk:

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
We're having a heat wave. 14F this morning, above 32F this afternoon. Snow tomorrow am and rain in the pm. March better go out like a lamb!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Yesterday we had snow about 40 miles north of here. It was all of 1 flake deep but enough to clear the grocery stores of bread, milk and water.

David

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
25F this morning, our heat wave is coming on strong, it's supposed to be in the high sixties or low seventies this weekend.

Alfred E. Neuman

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Yesterday we had snow about 40 miles north of here. It was all of 1 flake deep but enough to clear the grocery stores of bread, milk and water.

David
That's known as a French Toast emergency. Milk, bread, and eggs.
As long as I can get to the liquor store before all the whiskey is gone, I can make it through any Southern snowpacolypse.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
That's known as a French Toast emergency. Milk, bread, and eggs.
As long as I can get to the liquor store before all the whiskey is gone, I can make it through any Southern snowpacolypse.

So you would weather the storm in Southern Comfort?

True story, a colleague of mine was serving a church in North Carolina - they got 1 inch of snow and the elders called to cancel church. (the snow was already melting!) He (being a northerner) said "no" but the elders insisted - and church was cancelled. He, sensing something fishy did some investigating only to discover the reason for the cancellation was that everyone was afraid their Still would freeze - so they were all out in the woods attending to these. Turns out 80% of the church's revenue was coming from moonshine. :grin: