• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

V8 swap

Newbuellertoo

Freshman Member
Hello all.
Thanks for letting me join this group
I have a 1975 MGB , purchased without a drivetrain, that I’m swapping a 302 Ford into.
Floors and sills replaced and extra channels joining the front end to the front spring hangers.
Mantell Motorsports V8 swap kit, Moss front coilover kit, and all front end components replaced. 4 link rear suspension , Ford 8.8 rear axle narrowed to MGB width. Advance auto wire late V8 wire harness, rebuilt heater, rebuilt steering column.
1992 Mustang engine rebuilt and bored to 306. E 303 cam, Edelbrock aluminum heads, weiand stealth intake, RV8 style headers, Carbureted.
It’s taking way more time and money than I thought it would. Lol

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mornin', and welcome to the dark side! Looks like you've done your homework - all the right bits.

If you're not already aware, there will be a gathering of fellow V8/V6 enthusiasts in Wytheville, Virginia, in June. Great bunch of nutcases who get together a couple times a year for some wonderful camaraderie and exploring of some great drives. Info here: https://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?10,63735

:cheers:
Mickey

OP
N

Newbuellertoo

Freshman Member
Thanks Mickey. It would be a stretch to be ready by June. I am looking forward to getting to one of the V8 meets at some point.
JP , I am hoping to be at least road worthy by August. I live a 10 minute walk from downtown Port Perry and it’s a great meet up. My plan is to use this summer as a shake down before I do any cosmetic work. The car is currently a mix of primer and other various colour panels, two ragged seats and a dash.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Figured from your earlier post that you're still in process. But several folks have met up with us even though they are building, or even contemplating a build.

In any event, we also meet here in Townsend every October. I'll be posting about that here in the "Local Events" section, and you can watch the British V8 site as well for more info.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
There was a MGB GT V8 using the Rover 3500 motor. A friend had one and as far as I remember it was very fast. The Rover 3500 were what the police in the UK used a lot as interstate patrol cars.

Post some photos of the work in progress.

David