• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One For You; One For Me

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree just inside the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts. "One for you, one for me; one for you, one for me," said one boy. As they worked, several nuts dropped and rolled down by the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bike. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate; sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me..."

He just knew what it was. He jumped back on his bike and rode off. Just around the bend, he met an old man with a cane hobbling along the road. "Come here quick!" said the boy. "You won't believe what I heard - Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up souls!"

The old man said, "Beat it, kid. Can't you see it's hard for me to walk?" But the boy insisted, and the man hobbled slowly to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, "One for me, one for you..."

The old man whispered, "Boy, you've been tellin' me the truth. Let's see if we can see the Lord..." Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were unable to see anything. They gripped the wrought iron fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord.

Then they heard, "One for me, one for you. That's all of them. Now let's go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done."

They say the old man had the lead for a good half-mile before the kid on the bike passed him.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused: