• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Honor to the Presidents!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Including the presidents we've had before Washington, including:

Peyton Randolph, Henry Middleton, John Hancock, Henry Laurens, John Jay, Samuel Huntington, John Hanson, Samuel Johnston, Thomas McKean ...

presidents-day-300x266.jpg

Let's hear a few huzzas!

Country flag
Mention the Articles of Confederation to most young folks, and I'd guess a not small percentage of teachers and I'd bet you'd get a "huh??". Throw in Presidents under them before the Constitution, well you're just asking for confusion....

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Heck, ask them about most presidents before Kennedy (certainly before Wilson) and you may get a "huh?"

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just got an email that says the Harbor Freight President's sale ends today! Darn, I can't make it into town. Guess I'll have top wait for the "Day after President's Day sale" :applause:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... and then the BLOW OUT Post Day after Day after Sale!!!!! :wink-new:

Country flag
I mentioned once to my nieces that I was born under a 48 star flag in the 50s, they had no idea that there hadn't always been 50 and thought I was mistaken. Did the state quarters for them so they had some idea that the union was formed gradually over time.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I mentioned once to my nieces that I was born under a 48 star flag in the 50s, they had no idea that there hadn't always been 50 and thought I was mistaken. Did the state quarters for them so they had some idea that the union was formed gradually over time.

Like you, there were 48 states when I was born. My father in law (now deceased) was born when there were 46 states. New Mexico and Arizona became states 4 years after he was born.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Sounds like the Blonde,who,when told there were fifty states,replied -
"Fifty states? - when did that happen?".

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
We have a 49 state flag bought new in January 1959 after Alaska became a state, not long after that Hawaii became the 50th state making our new flag obsolete. Packed away somewhere, never put it out for display. PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We have a 49 state flag bought new in January 1959 after Alaska became a state, not long after that Hawaii became the 50th state making our new flag obsolete. Packed away somewhere, never put it out for display. PJ

I'm pretty sure Tom still has his first flag packed away somewhere - the one with 13 stars in a circle. (Ducks and runs from room) :nana:

FlagHistory1.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And I thought that you came in on the Mayflower.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Not this one

2Q==
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.autoexpress.co.uk%2Fsites%2Fautoexpressuk%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F11%2F1949-1953-triumph-mayflower-1381_3608_969x727.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoexpress.co.uk%2Fclassic-cars%2F104943%2Ftriumph-mayflower-buying-guide-and-review-1949-1953&docid=4bIgo9ip8jLqiM&tbnid=Q9cQCSLFB0F3WM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiYhLCYtMrgAhVG1IMKHT1WDRMQMwhGKAIwAg..i&w=2400&h=1595&client=opera&bih=696&biw=1428&q=triumph%20mayflower&ved=0ahUKEwiYhLCYtMrgAhVG1IMKHT1WDRMQMwhGKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Huzzah for Peyton Randolph and all those who followed.

Back in 05 my mom bought a new house and in one of the front closets we found a 48 star flag. She still hangs that one out and I don't think many people have caught the difference.