• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My Lucky Day

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks like I will finally start building the Sprite. No, I have not finished the other projects. My shop-mate, actually my landlord, finished his MGB and needs a project. Rather than start a new one of his own, he volunteered to start working on mine just to keep busy. Talented free labor was too good an offer to pass up.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Extra Hands are always appreciated.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Gives me some incentive to get busy on the Prefect. It won't be long before he needs the body to begin attaching bits. This photo shows where it is now and the Prefect is currently up on jack stands with its back end dismantled for repairs. NewShop1.jpg
That's his MGB next to it.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
At least he turns a wrench. When someone comes in my garage everything halts. Opinions and no brainer suggestions, no work. Wouldn't let them even touch my tools. Have hit one person with a broom for touching a freshly clayed and detailed Jag. :glee::glee:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You're lucky - I can't even get anyone to stop by & visit.
Been here almost 1-1/2 years,& even joined the local British car club,but no luck.
I need someone to stop by & get me motivated about working on both MGs.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
You have to go in the garage, open the door and make noise. Put your cars and 1 MG in driveway and start making noise on the other. With time, you will be heard, seen, and the curiosity will bring someone around. Shop at the parts store and and tell them it's for an old MG. Seems someone gets interested, hopefully not just a talker. I have one who keeps telling me that he would have never bought that car. And that is a guy with an 80 Vette with $30K invested and having someone else do it for him and can't drive it as the tires are 12 yrs old. If I even point at a tool, I have my quiet back. Couple others come by and always ask for a done time. Good luck.

nomad

Yoda
Visitor today and two yesterday. When my wife hasn't got me doing something besides. Really can't complain cause I like to gab. Suppose it's just an excuse but I can't seem to get anything done anymore. When I was younger I would work hard all day then work on toys till midnight.....

Kurt

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've got to force myself to go out & get the front brake assemblies
back on the Midget,& get the engine/trans pulled on the GT,but I've mostly
lost interest in doing that.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Don't feel too bad. I actually started my restoration in 1999. Got doors, hood, boot lid and seats out, then a death in the family. Finished siding the house, etc, etc. Then worked more hours. Got back to it 4 yrs ago, then the mom in law fell, her house was emptied, auctioned, put her in assisted living, now trying again. Got metal panels from England, now fixing wife's sewing machine collection and a domestic car she wants for show, as she thinks her MINI isn't good enough. Now starting welding floorpans in her car. Practice on Valiant fornperfection on Jag. All you can do is go out, put in an hour, come back tomorrow. 1 hr a day is a full day, just not as productive.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great opportunity! Great shop too BTW!