• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When did...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Prolly around the same time as "'Sup?"

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Or "Have a good one"

A good what?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
How about:

"it's, like ..." "he's, like ..." "she's, like ..."

You hardly ever hear "He said he loves it." - you hear "he's, like, he loves it ..."

(Remember "Valley Speak?")

Come to think of it - remember when we used to say "Does anyone have a ...?" instead of "Anyone have a ...?".

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
How about:

"it's, like ..." "he's, like ..." "she's, like ..."

You hardly ever hear "He said he loves it." - you hear "he's, like, he loves it ..."

(Remember "Valley Speak?")

Come to think of it - remember when we used to say "Does anyone have a ...?" instead of "Anyone have a ...?".

Like, yeah, like I remember that!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We had kids start using the word ratchet a few years ago to mean that something was bad, not bad good but rather bad bad.

Country flag
I have to admit in text type conversations I use np that way, have probably since text became the way so many business customers communicate problems/requests themselves. Wasn't really a made decision, just following their patterns.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... or, from Down Under, "no worries (mate!)."

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have used it for a long time. My usage depends on whom I am addressing, if it is an intimate I will probably say "no problem" if an acquaintance or stranger I will say "you're welcome."

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Same time, as when your eating dinner at a restaurant and the waitress say, "What do you "guys" like for drinks?" Really gets the wife's nerve. I usually say "your welcome", but if you are in my garage for something that can be used on a project, once "thanks" are said, I'll return with "no problem".

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'm partial to "you're welcome." Can't stand it now that EVERYONE says "thank you so much" (even after being thanked themselves).

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I'm partial to "you're welcome." Can't stand it now that EVERYONE says "thank you so much" (even after being thanked themselves).

Same here. Waiter hands me the menu. Telling him "Thank you so much" seems a bit of overkill, eh?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Same here. Waiter hands me the menu. Telling him "Thank you so much" seems a bit of overkill, eh?

And recently a waiter said "thank you so very much." Oh please.