• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OH My!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Now *that*, ladies and gentlemen, is an automobile.

Good heavens, so many positive aspects to that car, and it'll probably go for over $200K. Original, well preserved, toolkits, engine bay and undercarriage clean, upholstery apparently original but in good condition. Even an Austrian motor club badge.

Wow.

Mickey, please buy that and ship it to me in Connecticut. I'll pay you back. (very very slowly ...)

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Built when a Mercedes was a Mercedes. Today? Just another car. Look up that Australian guy who demolishes Mercedes on YouTube. Forgot his name.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
What a beauty... and currently yours for $250K!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
6.5 hours to go, and bidding is at $300k. Better hurry - get your bid in!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I’ll send you a buck and even keep it in my garage

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Seriously I know it’s a whole different world we are peering at here but I would be terrified to
ever drive such a thing . Essentially at 400k it is a mobile work of art. Put another 100k into it and trailer to Pebble. I am not dissing those folks but really enjoy a car I can drive and not worry if it gets a scratch.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
JP, if I had that kind of money to spend on a car, I'd have enough money to not worry about a scratch. I'd definitely drive it.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP, if I had that kind of money to spend on a car, I'd have enough money to not worry about a scratch. I'd definitely drive it.

i guess -
good point though I can’t even imagine it, and frankly have always felt philosophically that if I had 400k with nothing to do I might find a more philanthropic use for it - but then I’ll never have that kind of money so no need to worry

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You and me both JP. I think I'd rather have an XK120 over this MB anyway.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They state it has the Bosch injection system "...contemporary to the 300SL of the day." Didn't know that.

They must have switched from der Kugelfischer injection between '55 and '57. The '55 Gullwing we restored had the Kugelfischer unit. A '59 Cabriolet we did had the Bosch, I just assumed the Bosch units were more an economic decision on the "normal" Benz of the time. <shrug>