• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

England at 4 MPH

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks David. Great video!

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the video. On our honeymoon 30 years ago we happened across a camping skiff for hire on the Thames River, went to the charity store for blankets and were off camping up the River Wey. It was great fun. Similar to our boat:
lg2.jpg

I'd love to up the budget one of these days and cruise in a narrow boat.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Did you catch that she was Sybil Fawlty. Prunella Scales and I think they said she is 80. Great shape climbing in and out of locks.

David

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks for the link. Loved Fawlty Towers... and what fun they seem to be having in the canals.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have found the various canal you tube channels to be very relaxing. Have only just come across this one.

David

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I thought someone was touring England in an MG.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I always wanted to do a narrow canal boat trip. That and run a steam locomotive up the Great Central (which they will let you do for a large sum). Both are a bit more costly than my income will allow though.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My pal of 45 years has a Crooked Island Catboat, original Renault one-lung diesel engine. We took it on a cruise up and down the Silver River here in central Florida, along with his parents. His mum proclaimed she felt as if she was on the African Queen.

Made about four knots upstream, five coming down. even saw some of the monkeys along the way.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
David, thank you for the link. My lovely and I really enjoy watching this program using the ROKU our #2 son gave us.