• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Science Fair

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Having done a few of these with my son when he was in grade-school, I can relate.

2019-01-27 21.40.54.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
oK9u8Ye.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's great! I wonder if she got an "A" on it.

- X2

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW we constantly had to explain to our kids that we had already passed grade 6 - so they had to do the work!

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Actually, I did enjoy working on science fair presentations with my son. One year it was "A Better Mouse-trap" (with electromagnets) and another year it was "The Walking Stick" (those strange bugs in a terrarium). :smile:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I remember making a working wind generator once, it was small and hooked to a little electric motor my dad and I had rigged up as a generator and could dimly light an 1156.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Kids today need a goal and a science project gives them an opportunity to project their ideas. I love to see their work. One of my grandsons built a radio controlled car, from scratch! He's now an electrical engineer, graduating from college two years ago! My oldest son made science fair projects in school and now he's also an electrical engineer, working for a large power company. Kids can be great if given a chance and encouragement.:encouragement:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
No question these are VERY valuable experiences... planning, building, displaying, explaining.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
It's called the Humor forum for a reason :applause:

Love the Snopes story... about it being changed from "Water Towers" to "Jumping off Buildings." It's easy to see, now, how it was modified! LOL

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I remember hearing about that study on NPR a few months ago. It was great at highlighting how science can be manipulated by a researcher to show results that may be correct under certain laboratory circumstances but not correct in the real world.