• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from the Marches!

Squeak1947

Freshman Member
Hi,

The Marches - an old name for disputed border territories - lies along the English counties that border Wales. My home town is Ludlow, a medieval town that dates back to the 11th century. King Henry V111 lived in the castle before he became King.

I am the current keeper of two MGs, one is a 1964 Roadster and the other a 1969 GT. The Roadster has taken my wife and I to some great places - Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy via the Alps, Germany and many more. It's got an Osselli 1950cc engine with a Ford Type 9 gearbox and is just pure fun to drive. The GT is pretty standard and we use it for our Winter fun car, it's undergoing a rolling restoration to make it fitter to drive on our grotty Winter roads.

Basically I'm an MG fan! I enjoy doing all my own work and hardly anything is beyond my capabilities (perhaps a gearbox/overdrive strip down). They're all great fun!!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Squeak - welcome to BCF.

Marches - sounds like the old Saxon term "mark" or "marh", meaning a border area.

How'd you get interested in MGs? Great little cars - I started with an MGB about 15 years ago. Now a TD.

Be sure to post your questions and car photos in the MG forum here.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?17-MG

Good to have you with us.

Tom M.