• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Smart Car Seats in a Spridget?

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Has anyone looked into fitting Smart car seats into a Spridget? Specifically a BE?

Thanks,

DOug

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Miata are far more common. Plus headrest speakers. I bought a nice pair for less than $200.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
No the ones I found were black cloth, a little bit of mods needed to seat bases but 2 of the existing holes for seat tracks worked. Only 2 new holes to drill and they have great lateral support. I would not use in a BE as they look out of place but in a SWA or RWA Spridget they work great. And Headrest Speakers you can actually hear the radio at speed.

nomad

Yoda
Some were cloth, some leather and the head rest speakers were only fitted to cars 97 and earlier. Not all cars had them. IMO if you don't have headrest speakers in a sports car you might as well leave the radio out as well.

4tecdog

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Just fitting a pair of Corbeau sportsman recliner seats to my frogeye, They look really smart trimmed in the cars colour. They needed to be bolted directly to the floor pan and I have managed to make brackets to line up with the existing two centre fixing holes which are in the channel and the two outer fixings run through the box section so it makes a secure fixing. The seats are a little narrow but they fit well with my roll bar and have a bonus of headrests that can be removed so the tonneau fits. There is no for and aft movement as they are secured as far back as the rear bulkhead will allow but ok for me at just under six foot. The recliner allows the seats to be tilted for rear access. Will fit a three point harness as the rear webbing will go between the top of the seat and the headrest. Pics to follow when finished.

4tecdog

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
A good Sunday’s work fitting the seats and harnesses. 42A49291-E74A-45F7-B50C-37308EE770DB.jpg6DDACAF9-7C41-4442-BCAA-829068C0CC5F.jpg1C3C1339-4989-4702-977C-A12AD988CD8D.jpg

OP
T

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Could you add a photo of the total car c/w seats and headrests? Just curious how it all looks. Thanks, Doug

OP
T

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Also, which model TRS seatbelts are you using and how convenient do you and your passengers find them? I've got old racing harnesses (sans the crotch strap) in our Meyers Manx Clone dune buggy and noticed that my 42 year old daughter only did up the lap belt when she was using it a bit ago, rather than clip all 4 straps together. Thanks, Doug