• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

austin cars

karina0121

Freshman Member
Hi all.just joined so you ll be hearing from me quite a lot lol.
I own a 1968 mk1 austin 1800 and i am desperate to know
what other marques of austin cars.well any car really
that would of been fittted with the same wiper motor as mine.
I cant imagine that up at blmc/leyland/rover would only fit a
1 off wiper motor to just the 1800...mine is a single speed..well it would be if it worked..
So please if you .or anybody you know.knows..please get intouch as soon as.
If anybody has 1 for sale.i would be very interested..good working order mind
Thanks in advance to all who spend your time reading this and i look forward to any replies

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
first of all welcome! and we are glad you are here. Austin Cars are a little rarer around here but that doesn't mean there are none.

you might want to repost the question in the Other British Cars. I love an 1800 - very rare here but my dream is to do one up as a Landcrab Rally Replica!

:cheers:

dklawson

Yoda
J-P is right, there are not many Landcrabs in North America but that won't stop us from trying to help!

Can you post a picture of your wiper motor? In all likelihood it will be a single speed DR3 (square) type. You may find it is similar to what was used on the Sprite/Midget, and MGB. However, I think most of those were 2-speed motors. If it lacks the red self-park wire on the cover it may be similar to that used on the Mini. They show up on eBay periodically. Frequently it is necessary to use your old drive gears to get the right travel of the wiper arms. If you determine it is basically a Mini type, Nick Rodgers at min-e-bitz.com should have some reconditioned ones available.

Additional information on the DR3 wiper motor can be found at the MGA Guru website (link below).
https://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et219d.htm

Also, Moss Motors published a DR3 wiper motor service article in their January 2018 catalog/magazine.

EDIT: All that said, you did say this was a '68. That was about the time that the round-body wiper motors appeared. Were any of those single speed?