• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well Dang, If This Don't Beat All

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ordered a part from a warehouse for my oven
Say's here that it will take 8 days from Jacksonville Fl.
A 4 hour drive from here
Oven.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
But you have to allow for a fuel stop, coffee break, dinner and nature stops! 8 days sounds about right! :devilgrin:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don, your part arrived at my place. Iโ€™ll resend it next week when I get back.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Our mail goes to Charlotte,NC,even if you're sending it to
an address across the street.

D

Deleted member 8987

Ordered a part from outside Chicago once. Tracked it.

Went to Memphis. Went to Denver. Went to Boston. Went to Miami. Went to LA, got hung up in Portland, and FOUR WEEKS after it started, it got to Seattle.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
FedEx isn't my favorite. For the longest time they delivered to the Fire House which is 4 blocks South. I get deliveries from England thru UPS in 4 days.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My personal record was having to send a laptop back to Sony via Staples for warranty work. Sony insisted on using their packaging which they sent to Ontario California - FOUR TIMES! :rolleyes:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My personal record was having to send a laptop back to Sony via Staples for warranty work. Sony insisted on using their packaging which they sent to Ontario California - FOUR TIMES! :rolleyes:

:lol:

I imagine that happens a lot. The "CN" vs. "CA" is subtle. It's what happens when people are involved... they assume. :wink:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sometimes you have to wonder about the shipping routes these things take. I use the modern marvel of tracking packages and am on occasion flabbergasted at the routes things go through. I recently bought something that originated in AZ, it made a stop in OKC, then went to St. Louis, then to Lawton, OK before being delivered to me.

Country flag
Years ago they had to get a printer part where I went to college. seems then it had to route from the US through a warehouse in Singapore and back to the Midwest for some reason. Never understood that and for fact it took 3 weeks.

On another note, got an envelope from he post office that said on the front, "because we care" and inside was a note explaining their regrets over a piece of damaged mail and how sorry they were. The bit they forwarded along was the address label and that corner of the page it was on. But not the actual item or even any part of the cover that said what it even was off of. So they spent time preparing and delivering a perfectly useless 4x4 bit of paper with my address on it.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So now it's in Charlotte from Jacksonville.
Somebody could have tossed it out the door when they flew over our house

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well this is a timely thread. I recently ordered something from Amazon and when I went to check on it via tracking, I saw this notice:

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 5.42.17 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 5.42.17 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 5.42.17 PM.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 10

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:lol:

I imagine that happens a lot. The "CN" vs. "CA" is subtle. It's what happens when people are involved... they assume. :wink:

Indeed - and, actually Toronto, ON, CA - as opposed to Ontario, CA, USA - hmm.