• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The 60 minutes segment on AI

Country flag
The mention of 40% of today's jobs being automated in the next few years should be an eye-opener. But the main guy interviewed I right that it isn't yet intelligence like a human brain. We should worry if the day comes that an AI asks "why am I doing this" or states"I don't care what you want, it serves me o purpose".

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The mention of 40% of today's jobs being automated in the next few years should be an eye-opener. But the main guy interviewed I right that it isn't yet intelligence like a human brain. We should worry if the day comes that an AI asks "why am I doing this" or states"I don't care what you want, it serves me o purpose".

What are you doing, Dave?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"What's my motivation?"

Azimov comes to mind.

If it can be automated, it will be automated. Witness the all-of-a-sudden self-serve kiosks at Mickey D's and others after the push for minimum wage increases. Next will be automated audio ordering at the drive-thru and burger assembly.

Use your smartphone to order out, the address is already known and a drone shows up with your dinner. Two steps beyond the Chinese delivery in Blade Runner.

Automobile makers have been using robotics for years. Now we even have car vending machines!

The inexorable "march of progress".

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
The way things are going we will never have to leave the basement. Everything will be delivered to the door by robots where your personal assistant will retrieve it for you.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The way things are going we will never have to leave the basement. Everything will be delivered to the door by robots where your personal assistant will retrieve it for you.

David

Humans will only have one big finger for swiping and tapping their device screens (which will of course be build by robots - robots that are constructed by other robots).

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Humans will only have one big finger for swiping and tapping their device screens (which will of course be build by robots - robots that are constructed by other robots).

Sounds like Wall-E:

wall-e.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Nothing new under the sun :smile:

retire.jpg