• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lost My Signature

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Wanted to change my signature illustration and cannot figure how to put the new one back in. Any way to drag and drop? Askes for the URL, which I don't know, stumped! PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - just to clarify ... do you want to change your Signature, which is at the bottom of each post? (Remember, never forget, etc.)

Or do you want to change the picture (Avatar) that's under your name at the left side of each post? (The Early MG poster)

Tom M.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Paul - just to clarify ... do you want to change your Signature, which is at the bottom of each post? (Remember, never forget, etc.)

Or do you want to change the picture (Avatar) that's under your name at the left side of each post? (The Early MG poster)

Tom M.

Tom, I only wanted to change the photo illustration above the signature, not the words. I've done this before a few years ago but forgot how to do it. PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Tom, I only wanted to change the photo illustration above the signature, not the words. I've done this before a few years ago but forgot how to do it. PJ

OK - so you want to put a photo above the line that reads "Remember, Never Forget".

Near the top of the page, click Settings.

Then choose Edit Signature on the left.

You'll see the current signature in the text box. Above that box you'll see the usual Photo and Video buttons. Choose the Photo button.

Then you can link a photo.

Remember, there's a limit on how much you can put there!

Edit: I just added a photo to my Signature. Definitely an honorable person.

Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK - Edit: I just added a photo to my Signature. Definitely an honorable person.

Tom M.

Captain Gustav Schrรถder.... an unsung hero! A Schindler without a movie.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The only slight hitch to what Tom described is that you can't "upload" an image from your computer like you can when you add an image to a post. When adding a picture to a signature the image must reside on some server already (like a Flickr account etc) Whereever you have the image must allow "hot linking" of photos. Some services simply don't allow this. For example, Photobucket used to allow free hotlinks but now you have to pay for pro service. If you don;t; have a way to host your image on some other service, you can email it to me and I'll upload to my server then provide you with teh URL address that points to the picture.

It is important to not that the URL you use must point to the actual picture - to to some database address. It would need to end with the actual image file name. Something like: www.someserver.com/pictures/mypicture.jpg

Lastly, I would ask that folks don't place overly large pictures in signatures becuase it gets displayed in every single post you make and if everyone uses large images in signature it gets to be a bit much when browsing threads.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The only slight hitch to what Tom described is that you can't "upload" an image from your computer like you can when you add an image to a post. When adding a picture to a signature the image must reside on some server already (like a Flickr account etc) Whereever you have the image must allow "hot linking" of photos. Some services simply don't allow this. For example, Photobucket used to allow free hotlinks but now you have to pay for pro service. If you don;t; have a way to host your image on some other service, you can email it to me and I'll upload to my server then provide you with teh URL address that points to the picture.

It is important to not that the URL you use must point to the actual picture - to to some database address. It would need to end with the actual image file name. Something like: www.someserver.com/pictures/mypicture.jpg

Lastly, I would ask that folks don't place overly large pictures in signatures becuase it gets displayed in every single post you make and if everyone uses large images in signature it gets to be a bit much when browsing threads.

Thanks Basil, I'll send it to you later as I have to get off this thing and run to town.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Just an update to Basil's instructions. If you do the Settings/Edit Signature procedure I mentioned, there's an option to upload an image (a *small* image ..). You're not limited to using the URL of an image already on the 'net somewhere. Under the text block you'll see Upload Signature Picture.

Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just an update to Basil's instructions. If you do the Settings/Edit Signature procedure I mentioned, there's an option to upload an image (a *small* image ..). You're not limited to using the URL of an image already on the 'net somewhere. Under the text block you'll see Upload Signature Picture.

Tom M.

Thanks Tom. I was just lookign at the Image Icon in the edit window. Forgot about those other options down below.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks Tom. I was just lookign at the Image Icon in the edit window. Forgot about those other options down below.

You're very welcome! Please send gratuity to my Swiss bank account as usual.

:angel:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Paul, I went to add then picture you sent me, but I saw you had uploaded it successfully. However there were two more steps you needed to do as seen in attached picture.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 9.48.18 AM.jpg

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thank you, it worked! :encouragement: