• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Glad to be here

Gutdoc

Freshman Member
Hi there - happy new year and best wishes from snowy Switzerland (bad for Oldtimers)!
First: sorry for my english but I‘ll try....
Sec: just by chance I found your site browsing the net because of my 100-six....
I look forward to contributing and learning from the membership. It ist the first forum I‘am registered!
To my person: as you can imagine in my username I am a surgeon. Beeing always a mechanic I started as a young MD repairing my cars with some help oft friends. As a head of a surgical unit in the hospital there is not much time working on old cars but with a very appreciative wife and family at the weekends (not on duty) you can still do a lot. And I‘am looking forward beeing a pensioner in 4 years to have more time for my Hobby.
Cars: I was always a MGB enthusiast! So over the years I can manage almost everything on a B. My first MGBGT (76) I changed to a chrome bumper and whire wheels, today it‘s a Sebring with an Oselly 1950 fastroad engine and front axle from V8 - I really enjoy! Then I have a MGB convertible (1975), a MG C convert.(1968) and a MGF (2002). A Jag XJS convert. V12 admired by my wife but very complicated... and a Rover P6 V8 3500 I have to fit now a new interieur.
Finally, I acquired recently by chance the Austin Healey BN 4, 1957, delivered first to the USA and imported to Switzerland in2003. A frame off restauration was done in 2005 and modifed a lot for racing till 2012 (Motor tuning with parts from Denis Welch, , Triple Weber carbureters, G-Trac 5 gear gearbox and so on. I Wolldecke like to know more about the history of the the car, that‘s why I found you! One can ask or discuss about different british cars and that is interesting. When I will find out how I will post some pictures of course. Tomorrow will start a hard week of work again but it‘s good to know that there are some enthusiasts around.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF. I spent some time in my youth in Neuchâtel.... seem like eons ago!
You will find knowledgable, friendly people here on the forum ready to help whenever you need it.
Head over to the "Austin Healey" and "MG" sections of the forum to give/get advise and post some pics (it's easy). Go here for help posting photos: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/s...ictures-on-BCF

OP
G

Gutdoc

Freshman Member
Thank you for the help! The -TR6 is such a nice car, but I can not sit in it because of the narrow place for the legs:eek:
My first sportswear was a Spitfire MK III, 1968 - but as usual - had a bad accident in the age of 20 , driving like a fool racing a Renault Alpine 5.....