• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

new member restoring first sports car, bought in the 1960s for $450

Arthur Salo

Freshman Member
Hi fellow British Car enthusiasts,

My name is Art Salo, I bought my very first sports car, a 1957 Triumph TR3, in about 1967 for $450. I was in college and since it was my only form of transportation, I drove it for a short time in a New York State winter, so it developed some rust, of course. I've kept it all these years and now that I'm nearly 75, I have undertaken a restoration to make it like a brand new 1957 Triumph TR3. Fortunately I have joined a Triumph Touring Club and enjoy some very knowledgeable members who are helping me with the restoration. The fenders, bonnet, trunk lid and spare tire cover are at ta small body shop and are now repaired and in primer. Today the tub and frame join the rest of the car at the body shop. I joined the forum to get info on removing the instrument panel and also unforeseen, as yet, needed information. So thanks to all of you for any future information I can get to complete this wonderful project.I've sent a request and $35 to the Early Triumph Registry for a build sheet to determine which red color the car was painted originally. I think it was the less popular "sunset red", but I want to be sure it really was since the popular "signal red" would e perfectly acceptable.

Art

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Art! Lovely to have you here! Be sure an make a post also in our Triumph forum, which is very active and with lots of great folks really to assist!