• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ignorance of the law is no excuse!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
26 USC §5687 & 27 CFR §31.203 make it a federal crime to possess empty liquor bottles if you're not the person who emptied them, unless you're destroying them, recycling them, selling or displaying distinctive ones, or sending them to a bottler who specifically asked for them.

The above provided as a public service. You're welcome.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
My goodness, thank you! That's something we all should be aware of! :encouragement:

Did you know it's illegal to wrestle a Bear in Oklahoma? It's on the books! But, if your caught breaking that law, the law is the least of your worries!:devilgrin:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Anyone remember Foster Brooks? His “shtick” was to play the inebriated suave character.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I am very much aware of these codes and regulations, that is exactly why I sell my moonshine in Mason jars and plastic jugs.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
26 USC §5687 & 27 CFR §31.203 make it a federal crime to possess empty liquor bottles if you're not the person who emptied them, unless you're destroying them, recycling them, selling or displaying distinctive ones, or sending them to a bottler who specifically asked for them.

The above provided as a public service. You're welcome.
Thank you; you had me worried for a minute.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Presumably because people might take premium brand bottles and fill with cheap and or watered down products. That being said liquor laws are weird, lot of variation from State to state and even City to city, but definitely not as many dry counties or bottle clubs as their used to be.