• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Random Tunes

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just popped on the headset to listen to random tunes on my Hi-Def player. First song - Tube Snake Boogie, ZZ Top. Next up, Dr John, N'awlinz: Dis, Dat Or D'udda

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Random tunes, random mind.

Some (many?) will know of the Myers-Briggs personality type. There is a list of prayers by type.
Mine (ENFP (P tied with J) has this as its prayer.

Dear Lord, please help me to concentra... Oh look, a butterfly.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And, speaking of random tunes, yesterday, two RIP announcements.

Ray Sawyer. Cover of the Rolling Stone.

"Captain" Daryl Dragon. Captain & Tennille

Not necessarily everyone's taste but indisputably a simpler and maybe even funner time.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Random tunes, random mind.

Some (many?) will know of the Myers-Briggs personality type. There is a list of prayers by type.
Mine (ENFP (P tied with J) has this as its prayer.

Dear Lord, please help me to concentra... Oh look, a butterfly.

Good one! Very familiar with Myers-Briggs - had to take that test when we were doing "Team Building." I have the book "Type Talk at Work" by the way.
I'm an INFP by the way.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ray Sawyer. Cover of the Rolling Stone.

That song was released the month I joined the Air Force in 1972. The first time I heard it was in January the following year when I was in Tech School in Biloxi Miss. That's one of those songs that takes me back when I hear it.

Basic-training copy.jpg

As for Captain and Tennille - what a great duo they were (did you know Daryl once played keyboard for the Beach Boys?)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Good one! Very familiar with Myers-Briggs - had to take that test when we were doing "Team Building." I have the book "Type Talk at Work" by the way.
I'm an INFP by the way.

You would have to be an introvert to devote the hours you do to the forum. I would just stab myself in the eyes.

INFP prayer: God, help me to finish everything I sta

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You would have to be an introvert to devote the hours you do to the forum. I would just stab myself in the eyes.

INFP prayer: God, help me to finish everything I sta

Yep, that's the prayer - and it definitely fits! According to one book I have "Type Talk at Work" (I think), a couple of famous INFPs were Abraham Lincoln and George H.W. Bush (The one who just passed). I'm sure they didn't take the test so I assume some egg heads assessed them based on historical record and/or observation. By the way, like yoiur P and J were tied, my "I" was very close to "E" so I'm not a huge "I", just a moderate "I." My wife is an off-the-scale "E".

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Interesting. Met with JP face-to-face once, a gentile interrogation to be sure.

Basil, we have yet to have that experience.

I think I hate 'geography'. Tony and I had conversations bemoaning the distances involved.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Interesting. Met with JP face-to-face once, a gentile interrogation to be sure.

Basil, we have yet to have that experience.

I think I hate 'geography'. Tony and I had conversations bemoaning the distances involved.

gentle? gentle! I seem to remember water boards bright lights :jester:

Seriously, I am a member of a forum located in the UK and the amount of camaraderie is astonishing just because almost no one is more than a few hours fram another. There is so much that I admire about our fair nations - distances isn't always one of them.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I must have suppressed the traumas... :smirk:

Country flag
Interesting. I'm not really an extrovert, just as happy reading a book or swinging wrenches in the garage. But I also have a near irrepressible need to explain or correct or expand in meetings, to which my boss sometimes has to say "just be quiet and let them figure it out". I had to learn how to talk in front of people when young, was a very shy child growing up so I suppose it's all what was bottled up inside...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Interesting. I'm not really an extrovert, just as happy reading a book or swinging wrenches in the garage. But I also have a near irrepressible need to explain or correct or expand in meetings, to which my boss sometimes has to say "just be quiet and let them figure it out". I had to learn how to talk in front of people when young, was a very shy child growing up so I suppose it's all what was bottled up inside...

As we get older we tend to embrace more of what we weren't (balance) I am a massive extrovert but more and more enjoy quiet - wrenching or whatever. One of the occasionally unfortunate aspects of my personality type is that I process things externally (out loud) as opposed to SWMBO who processes internally. A consequence is that people think I am being critical or dominating or have made a full decision when in fact I am just working it out.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
JP said:
A consequence is that people think I am being critical or dominating or have made a full decision when in fact I am just working it out.

I thought we were never to admit that publicly! :smirk: :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And as a random tune...