• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Years Resolutions

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
It's 6:25 am and I can't get back to sleep, so...
It's that time of year again. Any New Year's Resolutions? Are you finally going to finish that restoration you started three years ago? What are you going to buy? Sell? Throw out?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mornin' Paul. Same here. Awake at 0430, no chance of going back to sleep. Dress, put on the coffee and with a cuppa in hand, go outside to indulge the nicotine habit.

The list grows. Now just considered as addendum. Likely to be ignored as "other things" pop up.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Same as last year (hence last year's date from when I posted it)

finish car pie chart.jpg

project cars.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Seriously, a couple of things. Increasingly I am reminded of how quickly time is passing. Hence.

1. Pay much more attention to relationships with friends and family.

2. Get the odd jobs around the house done (as Retirement begins to wave from the corner) Our Real Estate friend made the point this fall that our next house is likely one that pops up for sale and not necessarily what we were looking for - and this house needs to be ready to sell (not necessarily this year - but it should be closer to done than it currently is)

3. Drive the Vauxhall to British Car Day in September.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
My New Years resolution is, not to make any more New Year resolutions! :applause:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
But you'll probably break that one too.

Country flag
When my mother says, "Come in, it's time to eat."
And I keep on playing games out in the street
I resolve to rush right home now when I'm called
Cause my pop just got a hairbrush, and he's bald.
This is my New Year's Resolution.

For those saying "huh??", look it up...

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
To get both MGs able to drive long distances.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
My resolution is to have the '53 Plymouth running and driving by the end of 2019 -- and hopefully externally complete. And, yes, it is one of those projects that the more you dig into it, the more you find that needs to be done, but I'm so far into it that turning back is not an option either.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
1. Go on more adventures with the wife and the grown kids.

2. Take more photographs

3. Now that I'm retired I have actually been working more on my EType. So, one resolution is to get a good deal accomplished on that forever project with a goal of maybe getting back on the road before I die.

4. Several home projects:
- Paint the house (it really needs it)
- Put shade slats across the beams on the back deck (for added shade)
- Remodel the guest bathroom
- Remodel the master bathroom
- Start on some serious landscaping (already paid a landscaper to do a design for us)

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Redoing the bathrooms is a pain in the behind, did mine last spring/early summer. But I will admit the end results were worth it.

My plan is to first tear everything out - pull up existing tille and start with a completely bare room. Then take it one step at a time. In the guest bath I am replacing the bathtub with a smaller, more modern corner shower (this will open up more room for a bath towl cabient in the other corner now occupied by a tub; a tub that no one ever uses (we do bath - just not in the guest bath and a shower will suffice there). I'm doing the guest bath first so as to hopefully learn from the smaller room some things that will apply when I do the master bath.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Best thing I ever did was chop out the tub and build the shower.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yup. That was the path of least resistance. Now we have a bespoke shower with an overhead rain pan and two-head wall mounted unit. Two controls, one above the other, upper for the overhead and lower for the either-or shower. That has an integral valve to direct output to the wall mounted head or the "wand" on a flexible line. Bi-fold glass door installed, yet to build the glass block on the knee wall at the control end, but having framework made with custom built stainless steel. Still need to construct the vanity/sink cabinetry and run the plumbing.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yup. That was the path of least resistance. Now we have a bespoke shower with an overhead rain pan and two-head wall mounted unit. Two controls, one above the other, upper for the overhead and lower for the either-or shower. That has an integral valve to direct output to the wall mounted head or the "wand" on a flexible line. Bi-fold glass door installed, yet to build the glass block on the knee wall at the control end, but having framework made with custom built stainless steel. Still need to construct the vanity/sink cabinetry and run the plumbing.

I "think" I may have a bit more room to work with than you and hope I can pull it straight out without the need to saw in half. But that's my fall-back position.