• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

introduction

donmyers

Freshman Member
working on getting my 1959 tr3a back on the road. My current challenge is straightening out the gas pedal rod, i must of bent it removing engine

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! glad you are here - and sounds like a great project!

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If you just want it "back on the road"; there's no need to worry about the throttle rod. I ran with mine bent (on a previous car) for many years and never had a problem with it. It just forces the nylon bushings to move a bit as the rod turns; but that's what they are designed to do.

OTOH, replacing those bushings on my current TR3 caused more problems than it solved. The replacements were so tight that they made the throttle stick when they got hot.

Oh, and welcome to the asylum!

OP
D

donmyers

Freshman Member
Thanks for the reply, I understated the "bend". When I give it gas it won't return unless I put my foot under the pedal and pull it up. I drilled out the locating pins and am trying to loosen them so I can pull out the assembly. The good news is I have many months to get it done before the snow goes away. I appreciate the help.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Be sure to jump in at our Triumph forum and say hello there too! Very active and helpful bunch of folks.