• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Intro

tkohrs

Freshman Member
Country flag
My name is Tom. I am just starting a frame off restoration of a 57 TR3 I have owned since 1975. I bought it thinking it had been restored, but was sadly disappointed when the paint started to peel a year later. I finally have the time, money and space to do a proper rebuild. Looking for help and guidance from this forum.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My name is Tom. I am just starting a frame off restoration of a 57 TR3 I have owned since 1975. I bought it thinking it had been restored, but was sadly disappointed when the paint started to peel a year later. I finally have the time, money and space to do a proper rebuild. Looking for help and guidance from this forum.

You've come to the right place! We have a very Active group of Triumph enthusiasts in our Triuomp forum so be sure to pop in there too and say hello.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hi Tom, welcome to the asylum! We're all crazy here, but it's a good crazy
2WkIJHC.gif

For starters, you might like to browse through my PDF collection at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2H2NJt34OffMDVmOTZlZWItYTcyMy00ZDhkLTliOWEtOWU1OWRhNDZhYmRl

Much of it doesn't apply to TR3, but there are a few good documents in there. I particularly recommend the factory workshop manual, spare parts catalogue, and "TR3 Practical Hints 3rd ed", which is effectively the owner's manual for 1957. (The 6th edition is also there, but more appropriate for 1960 and later.) I suggest downloading a copy of anything you are interested in; but check back from time to time as I do try to improve them with notes, missing diagrams and so on.

Of course, feel free to ask any questions you have over on the Triumphs forum. I just like to read through what the factory had to say.

We love pictures, especially of works in progress, so post early and post often.

One more little tip, it's nice if you can add your commission number to your signature. I for one find it hard to remember which person has which car (heck, I do good to remember where I left my hat!) and a lot of details changed at various times.