• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ercoupe landing *not* at O'Hare

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A post-war Ercoupe 415 made an emergency landing on Chicago's Lake Shore Drive on July 28. No one injured, and the aircraft looks pretty good to me.

Tower comms:

News report:

Ercoupes are known for stability; some can land with the pilot's hands completely off the yoke.

Why, that pilot probably just pointed the nose toward Lake Shore Drive, decided to trim his nails, and relaxed as the little critter made a safe landing - maybe even near a Starbucks. Latte's for everyone.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Interesting - I know this isn't the takeaway from this video but I do like an Ercoupe.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
My dad was caught up in the associated traffic. Did not see the landing.

He was pleasantly pleased when he found the reason for the delay - and the lack of injury.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Ercoupes are very cool little planes. You'd see quite a few of them at the College Park Maryland Airport, as ERCO's factory was less than a mile away in Riverdale, Maryland.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Strikes me funny the crawler reads: "Emergency landing on LSD".

If you were an out-of-towner just passing through Chi-Town O'Hare and saw it on an airport TV, there might be concern about what th' heck is goin' on up there.