• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cessna landing at O'Hare

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Pretty cool video:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My son bases out of Chicago and flyes in and out of O'Hare sometimes three of four times a day. (usually back and forrth on short hops with a regional airline). It can get pretty hairy there.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's like running a Metropolitan in the Sebring 24... but WHY?!?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
What's the landing fee at O'hare ?? :greedy_dollars:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I flew into Bradley a few times, Islip once and Westhampton a couple of times. Never had any problems but I did hear a commercial pilot begin landing approach to the wrong runway and tell the controller to "read the tape." My first time into Bradley, they told me to keep my speed up because there was a 747 on my tail. Believe me I did. At Islip and Worcester MA, I touched down on the numbers and they bawled me out (nicely) since I had to taxi about 3/4 of a mile to the taxiway with big stuff coming in behind me. At Bradley, I asked for a progressive taxi since I was unfamiliar with all the taxiways, and at one point, I was taxiing right into the face of a 747. The ground controller told me "don't worry, he's turning off before he gets to you". I waved to the flight deck as he turned away. Fun stuff. I was lucky because as a student at controlled fields like Westchester and Bridgeport I learned how to sound like a real pilot even though I barely knew what I was doing half the time in the beginning. Never did I or would I attempt to land at LaGuardia or Kennedy nor did I ever fly around NYC to look at the Statue of Liberty. Too demanding.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I made quite a few landings and takeoffs from Teterboro Airport and one at Stewart Airport. Lots of corporate jets.
On one occasion I lost my radio and the tower at Teterboro gave me the light gun signals.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Flew helicopters in and out of Kennedy a few times, little busy for sure, but an easy shot to the ramp. :encouragement:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That'd be some "high pucker country" for moi. Too busy with REAL aircraft, speed differentials being what they are.

pd said:
At Islip and Worcester MA, I touched down on the numbers and they bawled me out (nicely) since I had to taxi about 3/4 of a mile to the taxiway with big stuff coming in behind me.

Case in point! Make what would normally be considered a great touch-down and have to scoot yer butt off the active
fast or be crushed like a bug! :scared:

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
9376AD84-1A30-4C25-B865-B8B8022A3A77.jpgThanksgiving day we flew To Louisville KY from Knoxville with a Cirrus SR 22t

my son turned on final I looked up and saw 30 plus UPS plane sitting on the pad
that’s a lot of brown tails !