• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from new member

Lwjohnson777

Freshman Member
Hello.

Just posting to introduce myself (and get rid of the PIA pop-up on my screen).

I just purchased a 1975 TR6 - and, in fact I haven't even gotten it home yet because of a rare couple of rainy days in So Cal. I had a 1972 MGB in high school ('74-'76) and always wanted a TR so this scratches that itch.

As far as my car history, I started in Indiana with a rusty VW Karmann Ghia, went to the MGB, then a few 240-280Zs, then a series of Ferraris (Dino, 308, Boxer), and then moved to Seattle for a while where the rain kept me away from the hobby. After the MGB, I always had daily drivers in addition to my hobby cars. Moved to LA in 1999 and started up again with a few Porsches. The TR will share a garage with a 1987 Carrera coupe and a Harley Softail.

The TR is in very good driver condition and I plan to do some small things over time to bring it up to near 100-points. It's rust free and ticks 3 of the 4 mandatory conditions I set out with: Overdrive, not a '76 for smog exemption, no rust, and any color but red. The color is the only miss because it's Carmine red (the Porsche car is Guards red) so it's different enough I can live with it.

I found a mechanic in San Pedro (British European) that specializes in pre-1980 cars so I have a good feeling about them. I'd be interested if anyone in So Cal has other options because I live in Castaic, which is about 60 miles at the other end of LA County.

Looking forward to posting as I undertake this latest project. It only really needs small repairs (small crack in radio console behind the shifter, radio not hooked up to speakers, turn signals don't always cancel, brakes squeak sometimes, etc.). My first order of business will be to register properly restored year-of-manufacture blue plates with the DMV.

Larry

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Very glad to have you aboard! The little man, Lucas, was put there because we realized too many folks were just lurking and we wanted to give you lurkers an incentive to jump in. Help us keep the forum alive! Without folks participating, the forum would not last long and we want to make sure this place will be a valuable resource for this hobby for years to come.

Sounds like you got yourself a sweet little TR there! Be sure to pop in at the Triumph forum and say hello to a great group of folks - maybe post a picture or two when you get her home.

Basil