• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not exactly new

bcrone

Freshman Member
Country flag
I've lurked here happily for years to learn about & help care for my BJ8. Posting here in hopes that "annoying sign will go away". - BCrone

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi BC,

If you don't want that annoying sign to come back, then don't just say you're posting to make the sign go away - that wasn't the point of the "annoying sign." The point is to get folks to actually participate here and not just lurk. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you/we want the BCF to continue to remain as a valuable resource for hopefully more years, we need folks (including lurkers) to actually participate. IF everyone just lurked, there would be no point in keeping BCF online.

With that said - tell us a bit about yourself and your BJ8 and then jump in at our Austin Healey forum - help us keep this an active place that people want to come to.

Thanks and belated welcome to BCF.

Basil

DCKmgb

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well, finally found the proper link to messages, I think. I have been playing with, driving and restoring MG's since the 70's. However the longest restoration process has been my 74 MGB roadster which I have been working on since I started disassembly in 2000. Since then, I have managed to redo, repaint, re-assemble and learn a lot from this hobby.
I continue to learn and improve this car and will I hope (if life doesn't get in the way) get my 74 B back on the road this summer.
Cheers
Dennis

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you aboard Dennis! Be sure to jump in in our "MG Forum" and say hello there as well! (To start a NEW topic, just look for the New Topic" button).

Cheers,
Basil