• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lil gal from Farmington

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
She will be competeing again tonight (Monday 3 Dec) on The Voice (NBC) It's 7PM here - check your listings.
By the way, she likes working on cars with her Dad so you know we have to root for her!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just watcing the eliminations on the Voice! The lil gal from Farmington, NM, Chevel Shepherd, was just saved so will be one of four in the finals next week. Woo hoo! Go Chevel - Go New Mexico!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good heavens! It's Patsy reincarnated.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Good heavens! It's Patsy reincarnated.

I had always thought Patsy had recorded that song, but I recently learned that was not the case. According to Bill Mack, the man who wrote "Blue," the song was not actually written with Cline in mind, but a friend later convinced him to pitch it to Cline. Mack gave the song to Patsy's husband, but Patsy died in a plane crash before she ever recorded it. In the meantime, the song had been recorded by about a half dozen people before Leanne Rimes recorded it in 1996 and made it a Platinum hit.

PS: Can't wait to hear what song Chevel sings for the final on Monday 17th Dec.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Noop - no notification, email or otherwise. No cheeseburger either!

I did get your PM that you posted in this thread after I subscribed.

It's only a dream ...

cheeseburger_360_255_90.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Basil - I just checked my local email (gmail) folders. My last BCF email notification on thread updates was December 7, on my "Just a bridge" thread.

TM

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Basil - I just checked my local email (gmail) folders. My last BCF email notification on thread updates was December 7, on my "Just a bridge" thread.

TM

Hmm, weird. I'm getting notifications now. I'll check some other stuff tomorrow.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Fantastic!!! A lot of talent there.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Fantastic!!! A lot of talent there.

I was surprised that 14 year old Kennedy Holmes was 4th. I honestly thought that if anyone was going to beat Chevel it was going to be Kennedy. But honestly, any one of those last four could have won and deserved it. They were all terrific.