• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Maybe not practical but looks fun

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
25 mile range... not very practical.

D

Deleted member 8987

10,000 miles, 100+ flights.....NOT 25 mile range.

Oddly (conspiracy theory) you never actually SEE the pilot in most if not all of those. You see the pilot getting into SOMETHING with a very dirty canopy, then you see some craft flying with a people colored head........

I dunno. If they come out with an IPO and show that video as proof......hmmm.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
YES, the video states 25 mile range at 3:42.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
May have been stating totals logged.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
10,000 miles, 100+ flights.....NOT 25 mile range.
I just watched it again and at 1:34 they state "we first flew 10,000 miles, we did 1,000 plus flights..."
Makes me wonder if they are stretching the 25-mile range.

D

Deleted member 8987

With dirty canopies, non-clear shots of actual humans in airborne craft.....and the tendency for Silicon Valley to generate IPO's, still have to wonder.
But, I won't be investing in it.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt the 25 mile range restriction based on FAA classifying it as an ultralight? I'm sure with batteries, etc, it would go much, much further with altitude restrictions.

Country flag
When they can make it collapse into a briefcase, let me know..... :smile: