• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

$21,000 oil change...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'll pass on that one... most people that own the car have probably never changed their own oil in any car, ever.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'll pass on that one... most people that own the car have probably never changed their own oil in any car, ever.

Surely true... or, heck, even washed/vacuumed it!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
If you have to ask.... you can't afford it

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Went to Auto Zone today - couldn't find a Haynes Manual for this car :playful:

weird when you can get the Millenium Falcon. I wonder how much it costs to change the oil on it?

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Holy cow - 16 and 1/2 quarts!

And I find that even more amazing since it's a "dry sump" motor (though 16 cylinders).

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That's just too much. Guess I won't be shopping for one after all :sorrow:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've not seen one in person but if anything like Porsche or Alfa, the oil does 'double duty' of sorts; acts as coolant in addition to lubrication.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I've not seen one in person but if anything like Porsche or Alfa, the oil does 'double duty' of sorts; acts as coolant in addition to lubrication.

As you state, I think the Porsche 993 used oil to cool (prior to the 996 "boilers").

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Funny... I think it's a pretty cool-looking car. More "organic" than any Lambo. Although refined, a true beast.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Funny... I think it's a pretty cool-looking car. More "organic" than any Lambo. Although refined, a true beast.

My problem with having this car would be trying to decide "do I want to buy a new Corvette, or change the tires and oil on the Bugatti?"

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
My problem with having this car would be trying to decide "do I want to buy a new Corvette, or change the tires and oil on the Bugatti?"

:eek:
Yeah, different leagues. Certainly the Bugatti is out of nearly everyone's league.

This has been my problem with some of the car magazines... notably "Sports Car Market" (and Keith Martin is here in town and I've spoken with my many times). Hate to be critical, but I'm getting tired of reviews of million dollar car auctions.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
:encouragement:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:eek:
Yeah, different leagues. Certainly the Bugatti is out of nearly everyone's league.

This has been my problem with some of the car magazines... notably "Sports Car Market" (and Keith Martin is here in town and I've spoken with my many times). Hate to be critical, but I'm getting tired of reviews of million dollar car auctions.

Agreed. I used to subscribe to one that was very hands on - now it is reviews of auctions of cars that I can't afford (Being bought by people who should know better) and articles that really boil down to different ways to spend large amounts of money getting others to do what you should be doing yourself.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Wow working on that car with a belt on
noway if it was mine, and an air rachet on trim screws bold move