• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Veterans Day

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Funny, no mention of Veterans Day on here today ? For the first time I went to my town’s Veterans Day celebration. High school band, speakers and a lot of vets and their families. I plan on going every year from now on.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thank you!

I've been posting about Veterans Day and the end of WW1 all week. Was hoping someone else would take the reins for the day itself.

Thank you to all our veterans!
Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Quite a lot today.

Went to another church than our usual. Got there just as the police band and police association honour guard were marching up. Presentation of flags/ wreath/ Toronto Chief of police read scripture/ reading of honour role of police officers killed (as soldiers) in both wars plus the lists from the church itself.

We were at that church because Rowan Williams was preaching (former Archbishop of Canterbury ) he was outstanding.

Then this afternoon to another church - we missed the service but were there to hear the bells ring 100 times for the 100 years since the Armistice was signed.

All in al a very special day.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Lots of coverage here.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I spent Veterans Day out in the garage repairing a large wooden cabinet after the floor of the cabinet broke in half and I had to replace it with a piece of solid finishing plywood.

By the way, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954, the year I was born.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Attended ceremonies at the local Veterans Memorial Park here. Great turnout, even had the local VFW prepping hot dogs and cake.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Was reading today that although nearly 20 million people died during the Great War, about 50 million died (world-wide) from influenza at the end of it (and a little after). At least 400,000 horses died to.

[EDIT: getting my posts confused - was thinking about the WW1 thread]

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag