• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

arctic

Freshman Member
I don't have a British car, but I have my eye on (2) TR7's. One has been in a shed for about 20 years, but is surrounded with stuff and the other is sitting outdoors and locked up, but the owner can't find the keys. I'm keeping an open mind until I can give them a good look. Happy to be aboard.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! and keep us posted

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sounds like a neat find! If you end up with these gems you've found the right pplace to get lots of help in the restoration.

OP
A

arctic

Freshman Member
Hello Basil, I apologize for not posting. The TR7 opportunity has fallen through, but something better just came up a couple of weeks ago. I am now the proud owner of a 1985 XJ6 LH S3 Jaguar complete, as well as a fuel injected Chevy V8 and transmission and some conversion hardware. I think it's going to be a better fit for me and the price couldn't be passed up. The car is in very good condition and was last licensed in 2004. I wanted an unusual car that I could build and pass on to one of my kids as I think this will be my last car project.
Currently I am rebuilding the engine and transmission; 1995 LT1 with 4L60e automatic from a wrecked police car. This will probably take most of the winter because of my budget. When that is done I can roll them off to the side of the shop and bring the car in and begin the task of assessing what needs to be fixed and figuring how to put Jaguar and Chevy parts together. I think the project will take about a year to finish.
I will post here as things progress and let you know how fun I might be having.
Dave

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hello Basil, I apologize for not posting. The TR7 opportunity has fallen through, but something better just came up a couple of weeks ago. I am now the proud owner of a 1985 XJ6 LH S3 Jaguar complete, as well as a fuel injected Chevy V8 and transmission and some conversion hardware. I think it's going to be a better fit for me and the price couldn't be passed up. The car is in very good condition and was last licensed in 2004. I wanted an unusual car that I could build and pass on to one of my kids as I think this will be my last car project.
Currently I am rebuilding the engine and transmission; 1995 LT1 with 4L60e automatic from a wrecked police car. This will probably take most of the winter because of my budget. When that is done I can roll them off to the side of the shop and bring the car in and begin the task of assessing what needs to be fixed and figuring how to put Jaguar and Chevy parts together. I think the project will take about a year to finish.
I will post here as things progress and let you know how fun I might be having.
Dave

I used to own an XJ6 (mine was a bit earlier - 1976) and it was a great road car!

OP
A

arctic

Freshman Member
Thanks Jerry. I'm hoping there will be some fun involved. Right now, it's mostly greasy engine and cluttered shop, but I don't mind that so much.

Dave

OP
A

arctic

Freshman Member
Thanks for the comment. I've been told they have a great ride, I'm really looking forward to the completion.

Dave

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thanks for the comment. I've been told they have a great ride, I'm really looking forward to the completion.

Dave

It was probably one of the smoothest driving cars we've ever owned. Have always thought I'd like to get another someday.

Alyd101

Freshman Member
I like British classic cars.I have a 1971 Triumph TR6 fully restored.Also a Modern Classic a 1997 Jaguar 3.2 litre XJ in very good condition.I also have an 1972 MGB GT in need of restoration.Hope to star the restoration of it this year.

OP
A

arctic

Freshman Member
I like British classic cars.I have a 1971 Triumph TR6 fully restored.Also a Modern Classic a 1997 Jaguar 3.2 litre XJ in very good condition.I also have an 1972 MGB GT in need of restoration.Hope to star the restoration of it this year.

I haven't brought the car into the shop yet so I don't have an opinion on British cars. I think I will be happy though.