• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Guy

RKChesn

Freshman Member
Country flag
Name is Rick, owner of a 1966 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 which I purchased in 1970 from the original owner. At time of purchase my BJ8 had about 1500 miles on the OD, and had sat out side for a couple of years. Wife and I enjoyed fun drives along the coastal SC, GA, and the Smokey Mountains gaining 30,000 miles on the OD. Started working on a lot of small issues which lead to bigger problems found and more disassembly. Twenty plus years later I finally and time and money to restore, project not done, but close. Still has all original parts except for rust patched and upgrades. Well worn interior, covers and top, replaced with new. Only question now is whether wife and I will need assistance getting in and out.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Rick

Welcome to the forum

You will find plenty of advice and help in the Austin Healey section.

I think a lot of us may find getting in and out a little more challenging these days.

Post some photos of your BJ8

David