• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Grey lady down!!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Silverghost has had his '68 MGB iggy key break off in the switch... At a shopping plaza.

I hope I gave him the right info to get him home. Awaiting anxiously for news.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Silverghost has had his '68 MGB iggy key break off in the switch... At a shopping plaza.

I hope I gave him the right info to get him home. Awaiting anxiously for news.

I did that once in my sister's 66 VW Bug. Maybe he can extract with pair of needle nose.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No news yet, he said the steering wasn't locked. Gave him the way I thought he could start and drive the thing home.

Still waiting for news.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Maybe a strong magnet might extract it.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Key is brass... Tweezers!

D

Deleted member 8987

freaking heart attack. Like "Broken Arrow".
Grey Lady Down my hindquarters.
Not Funny.
Just sayin'.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sorry about the angst, Dave. Shoulda used Broken Arrow instead.

D

Deleted member 8987

There ya go. Get the skimmers all hot and bothered.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
For the wife's Toyota, I just called a locksmith. Cost some money, but got it fixed right. He showed up in about 20 minutes with parts on the truck and fixed it right there in the parking lot at her school.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
D

Deleted member 8987

mehheh. You know I'm a prior airdale... :smirk:

and you know I am the other...two kinds of ships, submarines and targets. Done on purpose!

There are more airplanes in the water than submarines in the sky.

The only GOOD Marine is a SUBmarine!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
and you know I am the other...two kinds of ships, submarines and targets. Done on purpose!

There are more airplanes in the water than submarines in the sky.

The only GOOD Marine is a SUBmarine!

You made me laugh, Dave. Yep, I know.

I'm fortunate. Shot at plenty as one of those 'targets'. Somehow never hit. Others of my same AFSC not so lucky.

High respect to you and yours, my psych profile would have NEVER allowed me on a boat!

D

Deleted member 8987

I fooled them. But, you had to be certifiably NUTZOID to seal it up and open the vents.

Stories abound....first hand.
Fresh out of shipyard overhaul....sea trials....come back and somebody finds a hole in the hull (water in the people part) where the shipyard cut out a through hull fitting....and covered said hole with EB Green.

EB green is a sort of superman green duct tape used by Electric Boat (hence the "EB").

Or the boomer sealing up, and somebody sees daylight off beside the inner access hatch....and gets the dive stopped before serious consequences ensue.

You've never lived until the boat gets shoved down by a rogue wave while on the surface, with folks on the bridge....to 125' depth...and bridge hatches open..and 110VAC in the water running out of the light fixtures.....if I wasn't nutzoid before that, I was afterwards.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Horror comes in many different forms. I would certainly choose to face my finality in my sleep rather than what you've described. Been certain it would come as an HH-53 took fire over jungle, and again when sliding sideways at an intersection on ice in a western Pennsylvania winter in an MGB. Still here and pleased as a result. We're in what my Ol' Fela called "overtime"... he lived after a German 88 round didn't quite kill him when his AA crew crossed the Ruhr.

In private, which boat?

I've some connection with EB and the materials shipped to Groton.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I could have fun with this group and good ole military s**t talking.

You're livin' in the area of my ol' stompin' grounds! Across the Bay, lived a couple blocks from the Chesapeake, on Buckroe Ave.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag