• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from England

105epaul

Freshman Member
Hi, my name is Paul and yes I am British and live in England which is of course full of old British cars! I am originally from London but now live in the county of Lincolnshire. At the moment I own two old cars, one British and the other American. The British one is my 1959 Ford Anglia 105E, yes the type that flew in a Harry Potter film. My Anglia is reputed to be the oldest example on the road, is unrestored with 32k miles on the clock. It is a true survivor car. The other one is somewhat bigger being a 1959 Impala Sport Coupe, has the 348ci motor with factory tripower, 4-speed manual trans etc. I love them both but wish the Impala did the same gas mileage as the Anglia:joyous:. Obviously I have owned many British cars in the past, mainly Fords and Vauxhalls with a single Triumph and a couple of Austins as well. That's about it!

Paul

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Paul!

Nice dichotomy of transport you have there! I'm sure the Impala gets plenty of attention. How do you fit that beast on the cobblestones? :jester:

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Paul,

I can think of some lanes I have driven in the Cotswolds that I would not want to navigate in the Chevy. We currently have a 1959 Chevy Impala Convertible with the 348ci on display at America On Wheels Museum here in the states.

https://flic.kr/p/MJw4B4

OP

105epaul

Freshman Member
Thanks guys, yes the Impala does not go unnoticed, always has people taking photos of it wherever it goes. They were sold new here in RHD form, I had one as my first American car back in 1976. Also had a RHD 58 Belair sedan, a rhd 66 Galaxie sedan and a RHD 68 Chevelle wagon. The Anglia also gets a lot of attention as it brings back memories for so many people. They were very popular and it seems that everyone had one, their parents had one, it was their first car etc. Actually my first car was a 1962 Anglia back in 1972. The rust was free of charge!