• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Old Parts catalogs, etc.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Cleaning out my basement playroom, I came across the following vintage catalogs & manuals that I've had from back in the day that I will send to anyone requesting them for the best offer for the lot plus the postage: Columbia Motor Corp. catalog no. 6;SU Carburettor Illustrated List of Service Parts;VDO Instrument catalog;Lucas Master price list;Glenn's Mercedes Benz Repair and Tune-Up Guide(hard cover);German car parts catalog(VW,Borgward, Mercedes, BMW, etc.);Robert Bosch catalog;MGA Service Parts List (with illustrations of all parts!);British Motor Corp. suggested price list(hard cover); Beck Distributing Corp. 1958 British Car Parts catalog, and 1970 Champion Spark Plug Recommendation Chart. Will not sell separately. If you're interested, please PM me and make offer. Thanks.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Apparently no one is interested in this collection. It's a shame to throw this stuff out but before I do, does anyone want any one or two of these items? I'll send them out for just the postage.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I have saved all of mine since 1973. Takes a whole bookcase. Always afraid to get rid of them because the #s can be crossed for parts. Everybody looks on the internet, but you cannot always find without a base #.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Same here, Larry. Shelves full of manuals, parts books specific to many marques. The 'net is useful but not always the easiest way to get to the bottom of an issue finding bits or repair procedures. :thumbsup:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
<snip> ... The 'net is useful but not always the easiest way to get to the bottom of an issue finding bits or repair procedures. :thumbsup:

Applies to other realms of info too ...

:wink:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
PM sent

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Here are a couple of pictures. Glenns Mercedes.jpg1958 Parts.jpgMGA.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That Glenn's M-B manual is a goldmine. I found a lot of tips and adjustments for my 190b in there that weren't in the factory workshop manual.

TM

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Since JP was first to answer, I'll send the Glenn book to him and the 1958 parts catalog plus a bonus or two to Glemon. Please PM or email me with your mailing addresses. Thanks. Anyone want the MGA illustrated parts catalog? Speak up.