• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vehicle Vin Number Trace

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
How can I trace a vin number from my youngest sons 68 Camaro Z28. Sold about 6 years ago before he passed away, but haven't a clue to who. I would love to find it, any help on this. PJ

Vin-124378N38119

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Paul, you can try at the motor vehicle department in the state it was sold in or where the new owner may have registered it. However, it is my understanding that the information is very hard, if not impossible, to get now days.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul,

You're missing a number in the VIN, should be 13 numbers, not 12.

Probably the only way to track the present owner by VIN is by a law enforcement officer to do a query, however, these queries are logged and will generally lead to disciplinary charges for access not related to a law enforcement purpose.

You could try contacting this registry and maybe they could put you in touch with the new owner if the car has been registered: https://www.1968z28.com/document.html

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Rick, much appreciated! Nice info. sheet! I'll have to check with my daughter-in-law and grandsons to see if they can remember more about who bought the car and possibly where it went. Thanks all, PJ

Paul,

You're missing a number in the VIN, should be 13 numbers, not 12.

Probably the only way to track the present owner by VIN is by a law enforcement officer to do a query, however, these queries are logged and will generally lead to disciplinary charges for access not related to a law enforcement purpose.

You could try contacting this registry and maybe they could put you in touch with the new owner if the car has been registered: https://www.1968z28.com/document.html

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tag agency would be the first place I'd look.