• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Season's coming to an end

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Took Maggie out on what will likely be one of the last drives of the season. This is just off the summit of Wolf Creek Pass in UT, so around 9000' in elevation. No snow at my house right now (my house is at 6500') but we did have snow earlier this week. All the winterization is done now, just in case. Could have fall for a few more weeks, or could go full winter any day.

maggiefallsnow2018.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great pic! and pretty with the snow in the background - and far from here! :smile: (though they had flurries here this morning a little north of us)

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
My sister drove a Morris Minor when she was a roving farm secretary/accountant. Worked up in Yorkshire and many miles in the MM. She is a farmers wife in Australia now.

I think I still have the special wrench I had to make to change something on the rear axle. Probable the oil seal.

David

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
...and there's snow on the ground at my house this morning. It'll melt away in a day or so, but another reminder that we're getting close to full winter.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
You could park Maggie in a snowy area... shoot a pic... and play a "Where's Maggie?" game. :rolleye:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Monday AM 15 Oct. We just had our first snowfall overnight. Just a dusting, but a chilly 24ยฐ this morning.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
GAH!! Our low this evening is supposed to be a chilly 77ยฐF!!

FIND THE BLANKETS!!!

:smirk:

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
14*F at my house this morning, Doc...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...I think I just wet meself...

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I apparently slept right through fall this year - it occurred between 1:00AM and 3:00AM on Monday morning apparently as the temperatures dropped from the high of 90 on Sunday to 44 on Monday morning and only up to 47 all of Monday. Summer to winter in less than 12 hours.