• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Front inner wing baffle measurement

Frank Canale

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I am in need of dimensions to reproduce the inner wing baffle. The bottom of the baffle Is suffering from years of rust. I could use the dimension from the bottom of slot #5 (from the top) to the bottom of the baffle and the width of the baffle at the bottom.
Thank you in advance,
Frank

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
#5 seems to be 4.5 inches (on centers) from the one above. I'd drill from the baffle plate though.
Tom

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Since each car is an individual, I have seen baffles too tight and some with a gap past the rubber seal. When I made mine, I made it custom to match the specific dimensions of my particular car/fender shape. They matched much better than the normal standard baffles. Since there is only a single bend, easily done by hand, this is a part very easy to fab yourself.

OP
F

Frank Canale

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Thank you for the quick reply. The bottom of the baffle is missing so I am looking for a dimension from the 5th slot to the bottom of the baffle. I will punch the bottom slot that bolts to the inner sill once I have the inner sill replaced.
Frank

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Make it longer than needed and match it to the bottom of the fender/sill. Once all is installed it becomes obvious how long it needs to be.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I find the post 60k cars a bit more uniform than the older ones. From the # 5, on mine the hole for the inner sill bolt measures about 4/1/4. Mine has all been replaced so no guarantee of accuracy. I'll measure my other car, pre 60k, just out of curiosity and edit this post. That one has not been touched but as John says, make it too long.
That one, #5 to the hole in the inner sill, measures 4 1/2, at as close as I can measure with a tape.
Tom

OP
F

Frank Canale

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Thank you for the information. This part does not seem to be as critical as I thought it needed to be. I am used to making parts to exact dimensions but that doesn’t work so well with old British cars but I am having fun with my restoration.
Thanks, Frank

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R GT6 GT6 Bearing Part Number Request (Front Axle, Inner Bearing)... Triumph 3
M TR2/3/3A Front Inner Fender Doublers Triumph 2
K TR2/3/3A Front suspension inner Lower wishbone bush area? Triumph 3
F TR2/3/3A Question: front inner wings Triumph 11
aero3113 Front Hub Inner Bearing Seal Austin Healey 7
charleyf TR6 Plate on drivers side front inner fender Triumph 6
charleyf TR2/3/3A Front wheel bearing--inner tr3 Triumph 4
M_Pied_Lourd TR2/3/3A TR3A Help with Resto Pics Please Front Inner Sill Triumph 19
ahealey1004 how to remove front suspension inner bushings? Austin Healey 6
T TR6 Question on TR6 lower front inner wishbone bracket Triumph 1
chrpark mangled inner front fenders Spridgets 6
F TR2/3/3A TR3A lower inner front suspension Triumph 6
56HealeyDan 100-4 Front Crankshaft Seal Austin Healey 2
AngliaGT 1997 Miata - Anyone Have a Picture on How to Mount the Front License Plate Bracket? Other Cars 12
mctriumph For Sale front apron 57 Tr3 Triumph Classifieds 0
71TR6 TR2/3/3A TR3A Front Bumper Mount Triumph 11
1 TR2/3/3A Rimmer Brothers Replacement Front Wing Quality? Triumph 8
Carlbanan56 MGB Front hub MG 4
F For Sale E Type Series II front and rear bumpers good condition Jaguar Classifieds 0
J MGB Front Wheel Bearings. Re-grease or replace? MG 19
scottkilpatrick TR4/4A Front Brakes - Basics for Pads Triumph 11
C MGB-GT MGB-GT Front Ride Height MG 0
C MGB-GT Front Ride Height MG 0
J For Sale Bilstein Front Shocks for Jaguar E-Type 727-498-6493 Jaguar Classifieds 0
J TR2/3/3A Mystery knocking sounds at front wheel Triumph 11
E Wanted 1963 Healey 300 mark 2 front grille wanted Austin Healey Classifieds 0
K TR2/3/3A Front brake hub removal to access Vertical Link bolts(screws) Attached pictures. Triumph 1
K TR2/3/3A How to remove the front brake hub from the brake disc? Triumph 11
AUSMHLY Front Wheel Spin Drag Austin Healey 6
T TR2/3/3A Looking for a TR3A front bumper Triumph 6
mctriumph TR2/3/3A Front Suspension upgrades for the 59 Triumph 10
vpanza Wanted TR3 FRONT backplates needed Triumph Classifieds 2
K TR2/3/3A Rear tire pressure when there is an anti roll bar at the front of the car? Triumph 1
CARSINC For Sale Sprite Front Wire Wheel Hubs Spridgets Classified 0
bighealeysource Front Brake Adjusters Austin Healey 0
L Wanted right front turn signal 1975 TR6 Triumph Classifieds 2
G For Sale NEW PHOTOS: Triumph TR3 Chassis Frame + Front Suspension, Fits TR2,TR3,TR3A,TR3B Triumph Classifieds 1
TR3Acustodian TR2/3/3A Replacing "H" front badge Triumph 11
G Rebuilding Front Seats Austin Healey 4
drooartz MGB Front suspension rebuild is next MG 57
Joel Lester TR2/3/3A What final front suspension torque settings needed? Triumph 7
H TR4/4A Advise asked for front repair Triumph 1
A BN7 Front Hub Stud Nuts Austin Healey 5
P 100/6 Front Wheel Alignment Austin Healey 10
Prof. T Wanted 1974 - TR 6 Front Chrome License Plate Holder Triumph Classifieds 1
S Wanted BT7 Front Passenger Side Seat Pan Austin Healey Classifieds 0
S For Sale Triumph TR 2-3 Front Left Fender Triumph Classifieds 2
B Wanted Bugeye front bonnet fender mirror like this Spridgets Classified 5
P MGB 1974 MGB front spring length. MG 0
B TR4/4A Spax, Gaz and Koni on Front Triumph 12