• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Garage Art

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
For those who weren't able to join the Austin-Healey Club of New England at our Healey Seaside Summit this year, we still have a few commemorative posters available. The artwork was done by noted sports car artist David Townsend, www.sportscarart.com, and depict UK racer and restorer Bill Rawles's (our guest speaker) 3000 being chased by a bugeye. For ten bucks, including postage, it's a great piece of garage art that will spruce up the Healey cave. Hosting a large club event is expensive and sales of this poster will go towards next year's Summit. Ordering details are below.

POSTE EMAIL.jpg

Thanks to Basil for allowing us to post this.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Looks nice, if only I had a little wall space left.... Really, my wife put a stop to me buy prints I have no place to hang.

Three Healey Garage.jpg

Work Bench LG Bay.jpg

'57 on lift -lr.jpg

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Ya, the pit bike is a '72 Honda CT70, all stock 1500 original miles.

Country flag
You know I have a really nice setup; 1000SF clean attached garage (though I can get 6 cars__5 sports and an SAV__into it) and a 1050SF detached dirty machine-shop/garage.

Now I'm NOT complaining, but compared to Dougie's Place, mine makes me think back to when I literally worked under a shadetree!

That's a gloriously looking setup Dougie, you should be justifiably proud, and show us pictures of it as often as possible!

I have a ton of unmounted event posters and prints that I'd love to put up, but even in the clean garage there's so little wall space__where there aren't windows, there're shelves__that I can't put up the ones I already have.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks Randy, I always enjoy your imput. Speaking of....With the kids grow-up and gone, my wife's looking to ditch her BMW X5 4.8xi.
She's looking at the BMW diesel sedans, any thoughts?

Thanks

Country flag
Thanks Randy, I always enjoy your imput. Speaking of....With the kids grow-up and gone, my wife's looking to ditch her BMW X5 4.8xi.
She's looking at the BMW diesel sedans, any thoughts?

Thanks
You're welcome, and thank you!

If you want a BMW diesel, you'd better act fast; just recently saw a press release__reporting source escapes me__that BMW is going to drop US sales of diesels due to lack of sales meeting expectations.

We did back to back X5s ('02 & '05 models, both were 4.4 Sports) and then went to an '08 535xi; the sedan was a welcome change, and fast as a bullet. My Significant Other preferred the X5 for the next round, and we're a bit overdue for its replacement now. She likes the more commanding view from the X5, so that's going to be the most likely choice again. With 2 to 3 cats, depending on health, it also make a good hurricane evac vehicle when needed.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I agree, I love the X5 we've used it for everything from kid transporting to garden hauling and even pulling the racer on occasion. Now that my dd is a pickup, a sedan would be a nice change.