• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Camper!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thought of buying a new energy efficient camper, should be cheap to run! :highly_amused:

Could be used as an art object!:encouragement:

View attachment 55819

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Just looked at a Cricket. 1500 lbs so anything will pull it. Made for off road, the top folds down easily, electric cooler, propane stove, led lights, furnace, porta toilet and hot outdoor shower. My wife liked it better than a 16' Airstream and new at around $25,000 it's about half the price. We're keeping the Eurovan.
Cricket_Trailer.jpg

zj2x8g40fucd7fuzswiw.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And,you can park it next to your Tiny House,
& double the floor space.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
All of these are a luxury compared to me throwing a tarp over the side rails of my pickup to keep the rain off.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
In 1972, a plastic poncho and some mosquito netting were enuff to convince me "camping" was off my list of things to do from then, forward. I've done "camping". Don't need to go find nature anyplace beyond my back yard. I can go back into the garage and crack open a CAB, kick back an' watch th' tellie.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Better time, better place in 1974 I rode my bike to Vermont from Iowa, wasn't ready to quit but it snowed. Still not ready to quit but with more stuff now the bike is on the back of the Eurovan which is home for around 4 months of the year and has been to all four corners of the country.
I just like driving around.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I end up doing a lot of camping, mainly because I work at a medieval fair for 3 months of the year its a lot easier to camp on-site for the weekends than to make the 60 mile each way trip to the house and back. It isn't too much of a stretch to say I live better camped at the fair than I do at home - I'm not much into the "roughing it" bit. I have a very large medieval style tent (on a level wooden deck) complete with candle chandeliers, coffee table with antique lamps, a reasonably well stocked personal bar (including cigar humidor), full size bed well off the carpeted floor, full size chairs and (since it is usually in the first months of the year) a 9000 BTU heater. All the furnishings are things I made myself just for this purpose. Camping doesn't HAVE to be unpleasant, as long as you don't mind dragging a mid sized pickup PLUS a utility trailer full of stuff along.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Mark, In Oklahoma we know how to live with the wind and everyone knows how to tie things down securely. Today's wind, for those who care, has been a steady 31mph all morning and that is a little slacked off from what it was before the sun came up.