• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Invest in Art!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
After the buyer committed to paying over a million for this Banksy work ...

banksy.jpg

... the work began shredding itself.

shredding.jpg

Sounds like what happens to my investments.

TM
(It's now probably worth more than the original winning bid.)

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/banksy-painting-self-destructs/

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"It's now probably worth more than the original winning bid."

You're probably right, the pile of shredded paper will be worth a mint.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I can think of a lot more art produced in the last sixty years that should also be shredded. We can start with most of Jackson Pollock's stuff.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I once said I could do as well. I'll post some pictures of my work. You decide.

Please do. I'd love to see some of your work. Although I've sold a few, I do watercolors more for enjoyment. It's a hobby I started in the early '90s after a brief stint with oils. Maybe we can start a new thread and post some of our artwork.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Didn't we have a forum for member's art in the old BCF?

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I remember the member art area. I bought a Cliff Cramp print for my office.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Here are a few of my "Pollacks". All offers over $10K cheerfully accepted. Problem - they would not upload. Maybe too big.

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mine won't be postable. ...various giant lizards with nude young women wielding swords and spears while riding them... mehheh.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Mine won't be postable. ...various giant lizards with nude young women wielding swords and spears while riding them... mehheh.

How will we know the young woman are nude if all you can draw is stick figures?